Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Limitless

tag
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

USAA Limitless

Alrightly,

I've had two USAA cards (one WMC which went to visa) and one Rate advantage Visa for the better part of a year and a half. They started at 7K each and grew to 22K each as of December. 

I wanted to apply for the limitless, so I canceled my rate advantage visa and put in an app for it..... and got declined.

Does anyone know if USAA has a hard 2 credit card limit rule, and if so, do I need to wait for the rate advantage to show closed on my credit report? 

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Limitless

@jeffm4688 wrote:

Alrightly,

I've had two USAA cards (one WMC which went to visa) and one Rate advantage Visa for the better part of a year and a half. They started at 7K each and grew to 22K each as of December. 

I wanted to apply for the limitless, so I canceled my rate advantage visa and put in an app for it..... and got declined.

Does anyone know if USAA has a hard 2 credit card limit rule, and if so, do I need to wait for the rate advantage to show closed on my credit report? 

Sorry for the decline but to the best of my knowledge USAA has no limit on the number of cards you can have but does have a cap of $50K in total credit card limits.

In your case, it's best to wait for the letter from USAA and find out the denial reasons.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

To my surprise I now have more than two cards with USAA. The Limitless did it.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How frustrating.  Sorry to read.  Anything promising since then?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.