Reply
Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,947
Registered: ‎08-13-2007
0

USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....

Logged on to USAA today and had this offer for our World Master Card.

 

5% cash back on the first $150 per month spending on gas. This offer is good for the next year. I accepted the offer.

 

While I use my PenFed Cash Rewards card for gas purchase, this will be a good back-up card to use just in case...

 

Not sure who else got this offer, but I thought I would let everyone know.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Regular Contributor
navyox
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎09-04-2013
0

Re: USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....

I just saw this also, along with a very pleasant surprise - $1200 auto CLI.   I was actually worried they would lower my CL after I paid off the large balance I was carrying from school, but they actually went the other way.    After my spend is done on my United Card I think I am going to shift my USAA card back in the carry rotation and give it some love.



Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Established Contributor
kroberts67
Posts: 830
Registered: ‎03-04-2013
0

Re: USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....


navyox wrote:

I just saw this also, along with a very pleasant surprise - $1200 auto CLI.   I was actually worried they would lower my CL after I paid off the large balance I was carrying from school, but they actually went the other way.    After my spend is done on my United Card I think I am going to shift my USAA card back in the carry rotation and give it some love.


How long have you had the card?  



FICO: EQ 722 | TU 723 | EX 718
SFFCU Visa $11.3k + LOC $5k, USAA Amex $6k, USAA MC $7k, Amex BCE $13.5k, Cap1 $4k, Freedom $5k, Slate $3.2k, Barclays SM $5k.

My Credit Repair Journey
Regular Contributor
navyox
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎09-04-2013
0

Re: USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....


kroberts67 wrote:

navyox wrote:

I just saw this also, along with a very pleasant surprise - $1200 auto CLI.   I was actually worried they would lower my CL after I paid off the large balance I was carrying from school, but they actually went the other way.    After my spend is done on my United Card I think I am going to shift my USAA card back in the carry rotation and give it some love.


How long have you had the card?  


Since 2002.   Started out platinum with 5k limit.   I think first CL was to $7500, then $10,000, then $12,000 right before I left active duty in 2006.   I never asked for any of them.   



Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Valued Contributor
lhcole77
Posts: 1,364
Registered: ‎09-18-2012
0

Re: USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....


RockinRay wrote:

Logged on to USAA today and had this offer for our World Master Card.

 

5% cash back on the first $150 per month spending on gas. This offer is good for the next year. I accepted the offer.

 

While I use my PenFed Cash Rewards card for gas purchase, this will be a good back-up card to use just in case...

 

Not sure who else got this offer, but I thought I would let everyone know.


Congratulations!


Question: Do you recall how long it took for you to start receving offers from them?

Valued Contributor
Themanwhocan
Posts: 1,669
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0

Re: USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....

Are existing PenFed Cash Rewards cards retaining the 5% cash back on Gas? I wonder how long that will last.

 

New applications are now only offering 3%.


Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,947
Registered: ‎08-13-2007
0

Re: USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....


lhcole77 wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

Logged on to USAA today and had this offer for our World Master Card.

 

5% cash back on the first $150 per month spending on gas. This offer is good for the next year. I accepted the offer.

 

While I use my PenFed Cash Rewards card for gas purchase, this will be a good back-up card to use just in case...

 

Not sure who else got this offer, but I thought I would let everyone know.


Congratulations!


Question: Do you recall how long it took for you to start receving offers from them?


I have had this card for so long I do not remember how long it took...

 

The offers like this come from time to time, but there is no pattern... Luck of the draw so to speak!

 

 

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,947
Registered: ‎08-13-2007
0

Re: USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....


Themanwhocan wrote:

Are existing PenFed Cash Rewards cards retaining the 5% cash back on Gas? I wonder how long that will last.

 

New applications are now only offering 3%.


If you had the card before the change, yes. In my case, I have a $25 Money Market Savings Account with them and that satisfies the qualification.

 

Not sure how long the 5% will last though. A little longer I hope!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
lhcole77
Posts: 1,364
Registered: ‎09-18-2012
0

Re: USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....

Thanks for the reply. I am a limited member and plan on app'ing in the future. Haven't gotten a targeted offer yet though.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}