Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....

Logged on to USAA today and had this offer for our World Master Card.

5% cash back on the first $150 per month spending on gas. This offer is good for the next year. I accepted the offer.

While I use my PenFed Cash Rewards card for gas purchase, this will be a good back-up card to use just in case...

Not sure who else got this offer, but I thought I would let everyone know.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
navyox
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA MC 5% Gas Reward Offer....

I just saw this also, along with a very pleasant surprise - $1200 auto CLI.   I was actually worried they would lower my CL after I paid off the large balance I was carrying from school, but they actually went the other way.    After my spend is done on my United Card I think I am going to shift my USAA card back in the carry rotation and give it some love.

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 2 of 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@navyox wrote:

I just saw this also, along with a very pleasant surprise - $1200 auto CLI.   I was actually worried they would lower my CL after I paid off the large balance I was carrying from school, but they actually went the other way.    After my spend is done on my United Card I think I am going to shift my USAA card back in the carry rotation and give it some love.

How long have you had the card?  

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 3 of 9
navyox
Regular Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

@navyox wrote:

How long have you had the card?  

Since 2002.   Started out platinum with 5k limit.   I think first CL was to $7500, then $10,000, then $12,000 right before I left active duty in 2006.   I never asked for any of them.   

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 4 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

5% cash back on the first $150 per month spending on gas. This offer is good for the next year. I accepted the offer.

While I use my PenFed Cash Rewards card for gas purchase, this will be a good back-up card to use just in case...

Congratulations!

Question: Do you recall how long it took for you to start receving offers from them?

Message 5 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Are existing PenFed Cash Rewards cards retaining the 5% cash back on Gas? I wonder how long that will last.

New applications are now only offering 3%.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 9
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Congratulations!

Question: Do you recall how long it took for you to start receving offers from them?

I have had this card for so long I do not remember how long it took...

The offers like this come from time to time, but there is no pattern... Luck of the draw so to speak!

Ray

Message 7 of 9
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Are existing PenFed Cash Rewards cards retaining the 5% cash back on Gas? I wonder how long that will last.

New applications are now only offering 3%.

If you had the card before the change, yes. In my case, I have a $25 Money Market Savings Account with them and that satisfies the qualification.

Not sure how long the 5% will last though. A little longer I hope!

Ray

Message 8 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I am a limited member and plan on app'ing in the future. Haven't gotten a targeted offer yet though.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.