Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA MC and AMEX approval + local CU CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA MC and AMEX approval + local CU CLI

Just wanted to share my experience.

Joined USAA last month through my wife, she is a full member because her father is in the air force.

Apped the world mastercard rewards card online, instant approval $3000

Then pulled the trigger on Amex, got a message saying further review needed.

They called me this morning, the rep was very friendly and she kept me on a hold while she talked to the underwriter, and she said they are willing to split my CL evenly between amex and MC if i wanted it that way, but they cant issue any more credit.( reason lot of new recent credit opened)

I thought for a minute and declined, she kept me on a hold again and came back asking me about a judgement on my report. I said its mine and im paying it off.

Hold for few more minutes and she comes back congratulations they approved you for a amex with a $1000 limit and u keep the MC limit at $3000 YAY.

I have been rebuilding my credit for a year now.

Dont see which report they pulled, but I am sure its equifax and my FICO score yesterday before they pulled was 693

Also did a credit limit increase request at my local CU started with $1k last october went to $4k this march and yesterday went upto $10k.

I am done apping and back to gardening mode.

Below is my credit profile.

Baddies: no lates, collections, eqifax reports 1 judgement , experian reports 2 judgement, TU reports 2 judgements.

AAOA 3 yrs thanks to amex Zync backdating to 2001

Capital one $750, Paypal smart connect $2000, Amex zync , BOFA secured $1000, Orchard $600, CU $4000 , Walmart $1000 , Sams club $1000

USAA customer service is the best i have seen so far !!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA MC and AMEX approval + local CU CLI

Congrats!!

How is your utilization?

I'm considering applying for a card from them in a few months.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilisation was less than 1%
Message 3 of 5
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Thanks!

I've got a lot of overtime to do before qualifying for a limit that really made a new app worth the pull.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I tried to get a credit product from USAA for years with out any success even though  I have bank and investment accounts with them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.