cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA MC and Amex

Valued Member

USAA MC and Amex

Does usaa amex or mc give cli's? ive had mine almost a year and was just wondering. 

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
these scores are a few months old
goal 700 club
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA MC and Amex

I've read that it is common for them to approve a double-your-limit-cli after the 6th statement cuts. It will cost you an EQ HP, but go for it! Let us know how it goes.



My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA MC and Amex


mpswirl wrote:

Does usaa amex or mc give cli's? ive had mine almost a year and was just wondering.My 6th month statement just cut and i ask for CLI all they wanted to know was the basic income and house payment.

 

USAA increased my credit line from $7,000 to 15KSmiley Wink 

 

next  i will ask increase on my World master card and my AMEX

 

Message 3 of 9
Contributor

Re: USAA MC and Amex

My score was right around 700 with a 5 yr. old bk when they finally approved me after several tries. They gave me the 3k cl card that often indicates you have some credit problems, but they will take a chance on you. After about three years, that card has gone up slowly to 4.5 k. The first CLI was around the one year mark.  Also, at the two year mark, I was encourage to apply for a M/C and it was 6k now raised to 7k. I have an income in the upper five figures, so I think that they are being prudent with my limits, especially until the bk falls off. 

Message 4 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA MC and Amex

I just called for a CLI last month, scores EQ 694 according to SW, I went from $4K to $7K on my AMEX with a pull to EQ.  I'm going to see if they'll use the same pull when I try for a CLI on my MC in a week or so.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA MC and Amex


wreith wrote:

I just called for a CLI last month, scores EQ 694 according to SW, I went from $4K to $7K on my AMEX with a pull to EQ.  I'm going to see if they'll use the same pull when I try for a CLI on my MC in a week or so.


Wreith

keep us posted i will do the same see if they can use the same pull

Message 6 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA MC and Amex


mr_postman wrote:

wreith wrote:

I just called for a CLI last month, scores EQ 694 according to SW, I went from $4K to $7K on my AMEX with a pull to EQ.  I'm going to see if they'll use the same pull when I try for a CLI on my MC in a week or so.


Wreith

keep us posted i will do the same see if they can use the same pull


Will Do.

 
01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 7 of 9
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA MC and Amex

I hate credit limit increase with HP ;-( and USAA rewards really nothing but they very good at credit limit.

GAve me $4k limit so far . Love USAA. 


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Message 8 of 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA MC and Amex


wreith wrote:

mr_postman wrote:

wreith wrote:

I just called for a CLI last month, scores EQ 694 according to SW, I went from $4K to $7K on my AMEX with a pull to EQ.  I'm going to see if they'll use the same pull when I try for a CLI on my MC in a week or so.


Wreith

keep us posted i will do the same see if they can use the same pull


Will Do.

 

I just called for the CLI on my rewards MC from USAA, I asked if they could use the last pull and was informed it would be a fresh pull even though the last one was only a couple weeks ago from a auto loan refi.  I accepted and they upped my limit from $4K to $7K.  Both of my USAA cards are now at $7K woohoo Smiley Very Happy

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 9 of 9