Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA MC -> WMC possible? or Visa->VS

tag
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

USAA MC -> WMC possible? or Visa->VS

A few weeks ago my CL was raised from $2500 to $8000, I was calling in to see if they could change it and they seem to say no. They are about to send me a new card as the current one expires in the 5th month. I was wondering if they would upgrade it then possibly or maybe even whenever they switch the cards to Visa later this year. 

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: USAA MC -> WMC possible? or Visa->VS

OP when I had my USAA MC it was at a $12k limit at the time and they randomly sent me the WMC upgrade. They will be transitioning all of their MC to VIsa soon so I'd imagine the process is still the same. I just don't think you can request the uograde, it's an offer. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 2 of 4
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

@msbia wrote:

OP when I had my USAA MC it was at a $12k limit at the time and they randomly sent me the WMC upgrade. They will be transitioning all of their MC to VIsa soon so I'd imagine the process is still the same. I just don't think you can request the uograde, it's an offer. 

Ok this gives me hope, like I was saying my card expires in less than two months so im expecting a new card hopefully they will evaluate and send out a WMC. As for the Visa part the people I was talking to seem to say the same thing that Visa cards arent coming in a paticular pattern. They were saying that it will most likely come as MC and then I will most likely recieve a replacement by the end of this year.

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@msbia wrote:

msbia is correct OP.  The upgrades appear to be based on the profile/account and other internal factors so it's possible that in due time your card would be upgraded, but it's not something that USAA will do by request.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.