Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA MC

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA MC

Congratulations! 

Just curious, what are your scores?  Who did they pull and what is that CR like?  Any info would be helpful.  Thank you and congrats again!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 17
Woolfman
Established Contributor

score is in my sig. AAOA is just over 2 years and util is about 48% reporting .(cant wait for citi to report  paid down 5k on that card this month! yay)

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last time I checked my scores, they were around 720, that was in May of this year.  It took me a while to get my scores up.  I paid all my bills on time, paid everything off, and sent out a lot of GW letters.  And it all worked.  I was able to get a car loan thru USAA last year, I have set up automatic withdrawal on the payment, so I am never late with that.  I checked the "my offers" before, and have been offered an AMEX card, but really didn't want one.  Not as many places take AMEX.  I noticed I was approved for the MC last summer,  but I was just not ready to make the committment.  I have learned so much on this journey and one is to not open a lot of accounts.  It had been a year since my last inquiry (for my car loan), so I thought I would be pretty safe to go ahead and apply.  I am not sure what they pull, but I will probably pull all of my accounts in the next few weeks, just to find out and to see what my credit score is.  It is just such a nice feeling, that I can sleep at night, knowing that my credit is so much better that if I need something I can get it (with in reason of course!). Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The last time I checked my scores, they were around 720, that was in May of this year.  It took me a while to get my scores up.  I paid all my bills on time, paid everything off, and sent out a lot of GW letters.  And it all worked.  I was able to get a car loan thru USAA last year, I have set up automatic withdrawal on the payment, so I am never late with that.  I checked the "my offers" before, and have been offered an AMEX card, but really didn't want one.  Not as many places take AMEX.  I noticed I was approved for the MC last summer,  but I was just not ready to make the committment.  I have learned so much on this journey and one is to not open a lot of accounts.  It had been a year since my last inquiry (for my car loan), so I thought I would be pretty safe to go ahead and apply.  I am not sure what they pull, but I will probably pull all of my accounts in the next few weeks, just to find out and to see what my credit score is.  It is just such a nice feeling, that I can sleep at night, knowing that my credit is so much better that if I need something I can get it (with in reason of course!). Smiley Very Happy

Definitely congratulations!

You've discovered that USAA is a real class act.  Their pre-approvals are pretty much etched in stone unlike a lot of other credit card companies. 

Message 14 of 17
Mace
Valued Member

Congratulations!!!

2007 - All Scores low 500's
06 DEC 2010 - EQ 696: TU (FAKO) 720: EX (FAKO) 730 (650 pulled by GMAC)
3/10 BBRZMC $100, 9/12 $700, 01/18 $1500; 9/10 USAA Plat. MC $3000; 12/10 Barclaycard (iTunes) Visa $2500 now $4200, 12/17 $3200; 12/10 Citi Forward Visa $5000, 6/11 $6200 (closed); 12/10 AMEX Zync; 4/11 BofA CR Sig Visa $5000, 3/17 $7700; 9/12 AMEX Hilton HHonors Surpass $1000; 9/12 Discover IT $1000, 9/17 $3800; 10/17 NFCU GoRewards $4100; 08/17 TR Visa $1000
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering if anyone has ever asked to have their Interest Rate reduced. I have a USAA Platinum MC since 2006. When it was first issued to me I was at the bottom of the barrel in regards to my FICO and overall credit approval. [FICO=510]. For the last four and half years I started paying everything on time and off for that matter. Now as of today, I have two open car loans and one USAA MC. FICO; EX=739, EQ=770, TU=767. So I asked USAA to lower my rate. They responded with: looking at your account history we can only lower your rate to 18.99%!  WHOA there nelly, you are going to drop my rate by 1%. What gives here?

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has ever asked to have their Interest Rate reduced. I have a USAA Platinum MC since 2006. When it was first issued to me I was at the bottom of the barrel in regards to my FICO and overall credit approval. [FICO=510]. For the last four and half years I started paying everything on time and off for that matter. Now as of today, I have two open car loans and one USAA MC. FICO; EX=739, EQ=770, TU=767. So I asked USAA to lower my rate. They responded with: looking at your account history we can only lower your rate to 18.99%!  WHOA there nelly, you are going to drop my rate by 1%. What gives here?

Apply for a new card -- their AmEx, for example.  If that is approved with an attractive interest rate, move the CL from your high-rate MC over to the AmEx and close the MC account.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.