Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Mail Letter

tag
jmoneyk
Established Member

USAA Mail Letter

Today, I received a letter from USAA advertising their RateAdvantage Mastercard.  I read the letter and noticed that it did not have anything that said I was "Pre-approved" or "Pre-selected".  I also logged in online and it was not listed under 'my offers'.  Anyone ever received a letter like this and actually apply and get approved?  This is the card I want with them, but I'm wondersing if they only sent me this letter because they saw how many times I've clicked on it when visiting their website?  Any insight is appreciated.

JK

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA Mail Letter

We received one yesterday for the USAA Amex. Also no pre-approval and no offers online. I shredded it.

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 2 of 4
jmoneyk
Established Member

Thank for the reply.  It is odd how the letter has an application included and says that the "offer" expires 08/31.  The question is, is this actually an offer?

Message 3 of 4
greeneman21
Contributor

Hmmm that's strange indeed. I would call them and check it out. Meaning are they targeting certain members, what is the criteria and is there some type of internal "pre-selection" or "pre-approval".

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.