New Contributor
rohardi

USAA Master card VS. USAA American Express

I just got a USAA mastercard and was wondering what benefits the USAA master card has over the USAA American Express and vise versa. I'm going to be applying for an Auto loan with USAA next month and will try to get the American Express as well, But just was wondering what the differences were between the two cards and what benefits one has over the other...

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: USAA Master card VS. USAA American Express

As best as I can tell, if you have the World MC, they're pretty much the same. (A World MC has the sort of consumer protections that AmEx has classicly had.)

Otherwise, any benefits would be in the special deals that you might get during the first 12 months. Otherwise, my two are exactly the same, as far as I can tell.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
O6

Re: USAA Master card VS. USAA American Express

haulingthescoreup wrote:

As best as I can tell, if you have the World MC, they're pretty much the same. (A World MC has the sort of consumer protections that AmEx has classicly had.)

Otherwise, any benefits would be in the special deals that you might get during the first 12 months. Otherwise, my two are exactly the same, as far as I can tell.

Tsk, tsk, tsk ... HTSU, you should know better than that. 

The USAA AmEx is by far a prettier card!  :smileyhappy:

IAALBNYL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+