Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Master card VS. USAA American Express

tag
theo78
New Contributor

USAA Master card VS. USAA American Express

I just got a USAA mastercard and was wondering what benefits the USAA master card has over the USAA American Express and vise versa. I'm going to be applying for an Auto loan with USAA next month and will try to get the American Express as well, But just was wondering what the differences were between the two cards and what benefits one has over the other...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: USAA Master card VS. USAA American Express

As best as I can tell, if you have the World MC, they're pretty much the same. (A World MC has the sort of consumer protections that AmEx has classicly had.)

Otherwise, any benefits would be in the special deals that you might get during the first 12 months. Otherwise, my two are exactly the same, as far as I can tell.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Master card VS. USAA American Express

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

As best as I can tell, if you have the World MC, they're pretty much the same. (A World MC has the sort of consumer protections that AmEx has classicly had.)

Otherwise, any benefits would be in the special deals that you might get during the first 12 months. Otherwise, my two are exactly the same, as far as I can tell.

Tsk, tsk, tsk ... HTSU, you should know better than that. 

The USAA AmEx is by far a prettier card!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.