Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Members--"My Offers" page?

tag
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

USAA Members--"My Offers" page?

Question to all you USAA members--

How can you tell if you are "preapproved" on the "My Offers" page for a credit card versus a standard get-you-to-apply plug? Does it say anything regarding being preapproved?

I've seen the "Apply for a credit card" link before, but it's never mentioned anything about being preapproved, or prequalified.

I'm really really wanting to apply but I know my scores aren't high enough...yet.

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Members--"My Offers" page?

Mine say pre-approved. I accepted a personal loan last month and they never even pulled a hard for it. Are you sure they don't have the pre-approved language anywhere on it?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you click on it and it just has the generic banners describing their products, that is not a pre-approval. I finally had some offerings this past week. 

My personal loan, looks like this:

Personal Loan Pre-Approved Internet Offer Product Pre-Approved Up To Internet Rate Expires Competitive-rate Personal Loan* $5,000.00 12.00% Fixed 11/13/2008

This offer may be the right choice if you:

• Want a term up to 48 months to suit your lifestyle.
  • Need to make a special purchase.
  • Want to manage unplanned expenses.
                       Learn More                                                ACCEPT
Restrictions apply. Details at bottom.

I did not accept, as I don't need one at this time.

Message 3 of 6
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Hm...yeah that definitely doesn't appear on my "offers".

Stef, do you mind sharing your scores at the time of that "offer"?

I'm dying to app for one of their credit cards but I am pretty sure I would get declined right now. EQ 661...Alot of my accounts will go a year+ over the next few months so I'm hoping that will give me a score boost, plus I just paid everything off and should see a bump of a few more points from that.

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MeganML84 wrote:

Hm...yeah that definitely doesn't appear on my "offers".

Stef, do you mind sharing your scores at the time of that "offer"?

I'm dying to app for one of their credit cards but I am pretty sure I would get declined right now. EQ 661...Alot of my accounts will go a year+ over the next few months so I'm hoping that will give me a score boost, plus I just paid everything off and should see a bump of a few more points from that.

SW reports my EQ at 705 right now. I have had my auto loan with them for 6 months now, so don't know if that helped any.

I asked for the MC when EQ was around 680 and I had to request recon. I was denied for short credit history. I asked that they pull TU or EX and was approved. I wanted it so I could use the deposit@home feature.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

it says preapproved on the application

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.