Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Membership

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

USAA Membership

My boyfriend is a member and has amazing benefits/apr/etc (he's retired Navy). I know if we were married I could join, but I also saw a "share USAA with your family and FRIENDS" link while poking around the site. Do you need to be a relative or just referred by a military member (retired or active)? 

Thank you for any replies!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: USAA Membership

Non-family would most likely fall under what most call a "limited membership."  You wouldn't qualify for insurance products, deposit@Home/deposit@Mobile, or USAA's Amex offerings, but everything else should be a go.  Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Membership

@Leadberry wrote:

Non-family would most likely fall under what most call a "limited membership."  You wouldn't qualify for insurance products, deposit@Home/deposit@Mobile, or USAA's Amex offerings, but everything else should be a go.  Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you are correct.  I don't remember USAA as offering full membership to non-military unless you are a child of a military membr or a legitimate spouse.  They don't do the member of the household or relative trick. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.