Frequent Contributor
QAMngrGirl

USAA Membership

My boyfriend is a member and has amazing benefits/apr/etc (he's retired Navy). I know if we were married I could join, but I also saw a "share USAA with your family and FRIENDS" link while poking around the site. Do you need to be a relative or just referred by a military member (retired or active)? 

Thank you for any replies!!

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+

Established Contributor
Leadberry

Re: USAA Membership

Non-family would most likely fall under what most call a "limited membership."  You wouldn't qualify for insurance products, deposit@Home/deposit@Mobile, or USAA's Amex offerings, but everything else should be a go.  Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Regular Contributor
McArthur

Re: USAA Membership

Leadberry wrote:

Non-family would most likely fall under what most call a "limited membership."  You wouldn't qualify for insurance products, deposit@Home/deposit@Mobile, or USAA's Amex offerings, but everything else should be a go.  Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you are correct.  I don't remember USAA as offering full membership to non-military unless you are a child of a military membr or a legitimate spouse.  They don't do the member of the household or relative trick. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+