Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Membershop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Membershop

I'm a USAA member but not a credit card holder, they are my primary bank. I happened across membershoptoday where a cash back rebate is offered. It does not appear that you have to transact with their cards. So...I could feasibly pickup a 4% offer from them and stack with a 2% cash back offer on my PenFed PCR. Says a rebate check will be mailed for a month-USAA card. Does anyone have experience doing this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Membershop

That sounds correct. I've only ever used my Limitless but the 'How it Works' states that you'll get a check every quarter that you have over a $10 reward.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Membershop

I have about a decade long agonizing experience with the Membershop. I can’t say that everyone’s experience is or will be like mine, but MemberShop should have learned by now that they picked the wrong person to screw over. It is a fight to the death with MemberShop, and everytime I win. They should flag my account as someone who is meticulous, knows the Terms and Conditions, and follows the Terms and Conditions. If they want to screw other people over that’s their problem, but to make their lives easier they should have taken me out of the screw over folder and put me in the don’t mess with folder. They never learn their lesson.

The problem with Membershop it is outsourced to a third party and they run the MemberShop, not USAA. So, they always screw me out of my rewards. If you have missing rewards, you can’t even put in a ticket until after 45 business days have passed since purchase. Then they take their sweet time up to 60 business days to credit your rewards. It is an absolute nightmare.

If you use your USAA credit cards, well guess what? You don’t get your MemberShop rewards until at least 45 business days after purchase, it is NOT immediate. So, you could make a purchase through MemberShop with your USAA 1.5% CB card, you will get your 1.5% CB immediately but then you have to wait 45 business days to get your extra Membershop rewards (your example of 4% CB) no matter what. It is NOT immediate, you have to wait.. and that is of course, if they don’t screw you out of your extra rewards in the first place.

Yes, you can use any credit card/debit card that is not with USAA and sill qualify for the MemberShop rewards. BUT, MemberShop will MAIL in US Mail a check for any amount over $10 in a quarter. So it is NOT monthly checks. So, if you don’t shop a lot (or even if you do) you have to wait 3 months (a full quarter) to receive your check. And again, rewards by check MUST be for $10 or more. So, you have to wait until your reward balance hits $10 and then you have to wait until the end of the quarter. You can also use a USAA debit card and it qualifies for the MemberShop rewards, but the same applies.

Sorry for writing a novel, but I have experience with it and in IMO it is not worth the hassle.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.