Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Mobile App -- CLI request now built in

tag
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

USAA Mobile App -- CLI request now built in

USAA's mobile app was updated today.  In the description it says that they now allow you to increase (or decrease) your limit from your phone.  I've known USAA to accept requests via secure message on their site, and that those requests are a hard pull.  

From your credit card's info screen in the app, you go to the menu and select "Change Credit Limit."  From here you choose between increasing and decreasing your limit.  Under increase it says "We'll look at things like your account history, income, and current debt to make a decision."  After selecting that, it asks for your income and then asks for permission to obtain your credit report (assuming a hard pull).  

While this is a nice feature to have, I find it odd that such a simple system is missing from the website.  Also, I was hoping that this new system would allow soft pulls (it might, but from their wording I'm guessing not).  Anyway, if anyone is looking for a CLI from USAA and can afford an HP it might be worth a shot.  I think I'll take the plunge once my new Discover (with its significantly higher limit than my USAA card) reports.  

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA Mobile App -- CLI request now built in

Getting a CLI from USAA is not easy. Maybe I will try the mobile app. Thanks for the info.

Message 2 of 23
johnpalley
Established Contributor

for real sd? i thought they were generous with credit limits. i was actually thinkin about gettin a card from them

Message 3 of 23
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Mine were pretty frequent until 2005 and haven't received one since.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 23
H4LO
Established Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

for real sd? i thought they were generous with credit limits. i was actually thinkin about gettin a card from them

Quite the contrary. They're a conservative lender. They're not a Credit Union.

I asked for a CLI and they only gave me $300.... Waste of HP. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 5 of 23
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i guess that means im not applying with them lol. thanks guys

Message 6 of 23
alvon123
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info Smiley LOL

I just received a cli on 2 USAA cards from 4k to 7k after 6 months, going for a cli on my USAA rate MC on May 6. (they have been generous in my case with cli's)

Message 7 of 23
SantanzChild
Valued Member

Have gone from $500 to $7700 on my usaa platinum mc in the last 8 years all auto increases. Will give the app a try next month. In the last stretch of a mortgage right now and can't risk a hard pull.
Message 8 of 23
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@C24Webb wrote:

While this is a nice feature to have, I find it odd that such a simple system is missing from the website. 

It used to be on the site.  Not sure why it was removed.

@H4LO wrote:
Quite the contrary. They're a conservative lender. They're not a Credit Union.

They were generous to me when I was rebuilding after a BK.  Best limits and rates anyone would offer me. Granted, YMMV.

Message 9 of 23
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

Anyone try the mobile CLI option yet to see if it is a SP or a HP?

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.