Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA - My new best friend

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Re: USAA - My new best friend

OK Greekjim, here's the skinny . . . 

USAA has got to have the friendliest and most knowledgeable front line CSR's of any Bank or CU I know of.  I just spoke to a wonderful young gal in Houston who was able to answer my question without putting me on hold and in such a way that made me almost HAPPY she couldn't help get my APR lowered . . . Smiley Very Happy

She explained that because of the new credit card act, USAA is waiting until April 30, when the new prime rate is published in the WSJ, to make any adjustments in APR's.  She encouraged my however, to call back in May and they would be able to help me.

I may just call back to listen to her Texas accent . . . Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

USAA uses Beacon 5.0, which is the EQ FICO score you get here and from the Equifax website.

OK, a year ago they used Beacon. Always possible that they might have changed in the interim, I guess! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 13
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
USAA uses Beacon 5.0, which is the EQ FICO score you get here and from the Equifax website.

OK, a year ago they used Beacon. Always possible that they might have changed in the interim, I guess! Smiley Very Happy

Yep, I also asked the CSR that question and she confirmed that it is the Beacon score.  It sure is nice to have knowledgeable people at the front line.  I HATE listening to elevator music . . . . . Smiley Mad

Message Edited by Itsmeagain on 03-10-2010 03:34 PM

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.