Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA New BT offer (9/1)

tag
nitrov
Established Contributor

USAA New BT offer (9/1)

Just checked my USAA platinum MC online to make a payment and noticed I had a new "special offer" for 1 year of BT/convenience check at 1.90% until 9/1/15! I've had this account since Jan 1 and never got a balance transfer promo, so this is VERY well received and perfectly timed, I might add! You have to pay the 3% xfer fee capped at $200, but hey, the rate makes it worth it for me at least.

Offer expires in October, so if you have the card, jump on it!

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA New BT offer (9/1)

I agree! Great rate. I got a similar one and utilized it this month. (not from USAA though, since I'm just a limited member.)
Message 2 of 5
Ron1
Super Contributor

I receive BT checks every months and it came with the statement. I never took the offer. I was afraid they might close or CLD my account.

Ron.
Message 3 of 5
nitrov
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:
I receive BT checks every months and it came with the statement. I never took the offer. I was afraid they might close or CLD my account.

Ron.

Have they been known to CLD often? I've only had the card a few months and have only used a max of about $3k on it, which I paid down over a 1-2 month span when I had the intro purchase APR. I've had about a $900 balance on it for a couple statements which I just paid off. I was considering BTing $5000 but I don't want them to do a CLD or close me...

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 4 of 5
Ron1
Super Contributor

It is not their usual thing. They CLD someone's account a few years ago.

Ron.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.