Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA...No Credit Check For Checking and Savings

tag
DI
Super Contributor

USAA...No Credit Check For Checking and Savings

USAA invited me to open some additonal accounts with them.  I inquired about hard pull of credit reports.  I received the following message moments ago.  Last week someone posted USAA made a hard inquiry on their report  to open a checking or savings account.

Dear DI,

Thank you for your response.  Please note that USAA does not perform a credit check when establishing a USAA checking or savings account.  The credit checks are only performed when applying for a credit card or loan.  You can view account features and apply online today.

Thank you,

USAA

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA...No Credit Check For Checking and Savings

Yep,

The only time they checked us is when we asked for a CLI on our Master Card, and, in my case, I was told it would be a hard pull.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

I may just open a checking account with them. The interest on savings isn't compatible with the institution I currently save with. I love the layout of USAA's website.   The ability to add and see all my non-USAA accounts, along with my USAA Auto Insurance is awesome.  The "View Analysis" tab is the best tool.  It's like a little Wal-Mart.  One stop shop!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 42
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

You gonna get a credit card with them?

Being a full member for many years, they have treated me well... I have a (now) $35k CL with them... Their rewards are nothing special, but a good card to have non the less.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have checking and savings from them - my credit file is too thin to bother trying to apply for a credit card from them. But I'm liking their website. The seem to be pretty useful for tracking finances and all that, and makes it easy to transfer money around between accounts. And their online banking is especially good compared to NavyFCU's - I just got it set up a few days ago, and wow - they look like they're stuck in the 90's.

Message 5 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

You gonna get a credit card with them?

Being a full member for many years, they have treated me well... I have a (now) $35k CL with them... Their rewards are nothing special, but a good card to have non the less.

Ray

Nooooooo, no more credit cards for me.  I'm trying to downsize  now.  I think the banks have discontinued slashing and closing credit lines for no reason.  I think I'm safe to stick with just a few open revolving accounts now. 

Message 6 of 42
Datx
Valued Contributor

I just recently signed up for Checking and Savings with USAA. All done online and it was easy, no credit checks on my end. I love NFCU and all, but Im about to make the switch over to USAA, lol. They seem to have better online banking.

Message 7 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I only have checking and savings from them - my credit file is too thin to bother trying to apply for a credit card from them. But I'm liking their website. The seem to be pretty useful for tracking finances and all that, and makes it easy to transfer money around between accounts. And their online banking is especially good compared to NavyFCU's - I just got it set up a few days ago, and wow - they look like they're stuck in the 90's.

They may be able to help you.  You should speak with a Rep about it.   They really are nice people there.    They have won my business for life by offering me stellar insurance coverage.  I now feel I've finally found a company  to insure my vehicles for life with. 

Message 8 of 42
john398
Senior Contributor

Just curious, when you add other bank accounts to your usaa bank account can USAA people also view your ccounts at other insitutions, or is it for your eyes only?

IE if I add Chase, does USAA also have access to see my transactions at Chase? I know Mint.com seems to be able to view my information of omnline accounts just wondering how that works

Message 9 of 42
DI
Super Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Just curious, when you add other bank accounts to your usaa bank account can USAA people also view your ccounts at other insitutions, or is it for your eyes only?

IE if I add Chase, does USAA also have access to see my transactions at Chase? I know Mint.com seems to be able to view my information of omnline accounts just wondering how that works

I thought about that too.  I think we can only see non- USAA accounts.  They can only see accounts with them. 

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.