Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Now Serving All Who Have Served Honorably

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Now Serving All Who Have Served Honorably

This was posted on USAA site https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_blogs/Blogs?action=blogpost&blogkey=newsroom&postkey=now_serving_all_w... Hope this helps those Honorable discharged vets .
Message Edited by jimmytftw35 on 11-05-2009 05:13 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Now Serving All Who Have Served Honorably

Sorry about the way that came out . LOL
Message 2 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the post.
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thanks for posting this. I'm delighted that USAA is now open to all who have served honorably in the US military, regardless of rank, length of service, or how long ago they were separated.

And I thought the explanation for broadening membership in stages was interesting:

Our mission states "USAA seeks to be the provider of choice for the military community." Not just the officer community. Not just military retirees. Not just those who served after 1995. We are carefully and responsibly managing USAA's growth, and have taken incremental steps in expanding membership eligibility to bring us to this point. We wanted to be very sure that USAA has the capital, the operational capacity and the capability to precisely underwrite and price for risk at the individual level.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
boireann
Regular Contributor

My dad and uncles are very happy about this since non of them qualified for insurance until Dad got the phone call yesterday morning about the changes. He's been wanting to get their home/car insurance ever since he retired several years ago.   I think it's fantastic that they've opened it to all former military

Too bad I still don't qualify for the insurance products.  I'd sulk over that, but I LOVE USAA!  Seriously!  Couldn't be happier with them for all of my normal banking needs.

01/07 scores: Too scared to find out after looking at my free CRA reports
03/08 scores: TU: 660 EQ: 646 EX: 624
09/09 scores: TU: 735 EQ: 778 EX: ???
02/10 scores: TU: 779 EQ: 801 EX: 798 (home loan officer pull)
03/14 scores: TU 799 EQ: 809 EX: 817 (car loan credit union pull)
All that hard work paid off!!!! I'm now a happy home owner with an awesome interest rate!

CC Limits Garden Amex Clear $23000, USAA World Amex $15000, USAA Wold MasterCard $15000, BECU Visa $10,000, PenFed Visa $15000. Took a long time to get nice limits and low interest from that first app to BECU for $500 when I first started cleaning up my reports.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you agree that all men and women who have honorably served in the U.S. Armed Forces deserve to do business with a financial services company that understands their unique needs, appreciates their service and does the right thing because it is the right thing to do.

Your USAA Board of Directors believes so, and I am very pleased to let you know that USAA membership is now open to anyone who has honorably served in the U.S. military.

Starting with our first eligibility expansion in 1923, the USAA family has grown by embracing an ever-larger portion of America's active duty, retired and separated military members. Each time, we have been careful to ensure that USAA has the financial strength, the staff and the technology to maintain our high standards for exemplary member service, competitive pricing and value. Opening our doors today to all veterans who have honorably served, regardless of dates or length of service, fulfills our mission and leaves no one behind.

If you know veterans who honorably served but haven't become USAA members, please share this news with them by clicking on the "Share USAA" button so that they may know the value of USAA and, by joining, their spouses and children can enjoy the benefits of membership as well.

Above from e-mail just received from USAA.

Message Edited by O6 on 11-06-2009 04:47 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.