Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Offer - Should I go for it?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: USAA Offer - Should I go for it?

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Wow - had no idea that setting up membership/checking/savings was a hard pull!  Thanks for the head up Creditaddict!

I applied for the NFCU Cash Reward Siggy Visa and was approved for $15K.  Amazing and really worth the HP!

Thanks

now consider the checking line of credit... you should ask for the full $15k if you apply.

Message 21 of 28
alvon123
Super Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Wow - had no idea that setting up membership/checking/savings was a hard pull!  Thanks for the head up Creditaddict!

I applied for the NFCU Cash Reward Siggy Visa and was approved for $15K.  Amazing and really worth the HP!

Thanks

congrats!!!

Message 22 of 28
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Just did that... says I will know in an hour if approved.

Creditaddict how does that work? Examples of use?

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 23 of 28
keithB
Established Contributor

Message 24 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Just did that... says I will know in an hour if approved.

Creditaddict how does that work? Examples of use?

they will send you a checkbook directly for it so you can access it with those checks or you can just let it cover your primary checking for overdraft... I like it because Navy does not charge ANY fees to take advances from it... just the interest rate that you are approved at from day 1 (no floating time on interest like a credit card) but otherwise if you don't use it, it just sits there reporting like a regular revolving credit card account with a nice $15k line to really help with utilization!!!

You will probably get a text message shortly if you listed your cell as the primary number that it's approved or contingent... if you get contingent, they will want 2 pay stubs and then it will be approved... it won't be active until they mail out and you sign the promissory note for the amount they approve and the rate you get but that doesn't take long.

Message 25 of 28
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

NavChek Approved... $15K

Most amazing day!

In the approval message they were really pushing an auto loan as well.  I need to explore refinancing my truck.  It's a subprime rate.

Thanks CreditAddict!

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 26 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

NavChek Approved... $15K

Most amazing day!

In the approval message they were really pushing an auto loan as well.  I need to explore refinancing my truck.  It's a subprime rate.

Thanks CreditAddict!

OMG, if you told me you had subprime auto, I would have told you to do that before Navcheck... but for sure apply RIGHT NOW FOR THAT!

Message 27 of 28
alvon123
Super Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

NavChek Approved... $15K

Most amazing day!

Thanks CreditAddict!

congrats

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.