Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA PAY NOW

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: USAA PAY NOW

@empiror22 wrote:
They have been doing the pay ahead program has been around a while, I have been using it for about 6 months. I always pif so doesn't really help. But since I pay bill after it closes my payment always says $0 zero even when I have a large balance.

LOL... great minds think alike!

I did the exact same for several months before finally getting my due date changed.  Since I also PIF, each time the minimum payment is always 'zero', so I was basically able to pay on any day I wanted.  I eventually got the date 'officially' changed, though, so now a more current statement balance is reported to the credit bureaus.

They are probably the "easiest-to-do-business-with" bank I've ever dealt with.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 24
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

We don't want to pay my USAA credit card and I happened to notice when I got done paying that the credit card is showing a zero balance and the money is out of the account.  Wow when did this start? 

I'm a little confused by your question... I think you're saying you scheduled a payment, then changed your mind and wanted to cancel it?

With USAA, they tell you when you are scheduling payments from your USAA checking that if the payment is to USAA (insurance, credit, or loan) and is scheduled for the same day, it cannot be canceled

I actually noticed a few months back that when I pay my Visa, not only is the payment immediate, the available credit is also updated on my credit card within just a few minutes of the payment.  Many folks likely find this to be a benefit, especially if they are near their credit limits.

My apologies I was not thinking clearly when I wrote it out.  I think like the second person said when I went online  to pay the credit card  I happened to notice when I got done paying or scheduling the payment on my credit card it took the money out of the checking account paid the credit card and now the credit card is showing a zero balance all within a matter of 2 to 3 minutes.  

No worries... it is a very cool feature!

I found it by accident a few months back.  I have always gotten statement credit on the day the payment was made, but (for me) I've only noticed the last several months that the available credit updates quickly... as in, usually by the time I'm finished paying other bills, I go back and check my credit card and the credit is available.

The rewards might not be as flashy as other lenders, but USAA rocks!

Yes USAA does rock. I only qualified for the Classic Platinum MasterCard. How often does USAA upgrade card? 

Message 12 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

We don't want to pay my USAA credit card and I happened to notice when I got done paying that the credit card is showing a zero balance and the money is out of the account.  Wow when did this start? 

I'm a little confused by your question... I think you're saying you scheduled a payment, then changed your mind and wanted to cancel it?

With USAA, they tell you when you are scheduling payments from your USAA checking that if the payment is to USAA (insurance, credit, or loan) and is scheduled for the same day, it cannot be canceled

I actually noticed a few months back that when I pay my Visa, not only is the payment immediate, the available credit is also updated on my credit card within just a few minutes of the payment.  Many folks likely find this to be a benefit, especially if they are near their credit limits.

My apologies I was not thinking clearly when I wrote it out.  I think like the second person said when I went online  to pay the credit card  I happened to notice when I got done paying or scheduling the payment on my credit card it took the money out of the checking account paid the credit card and now the credit card is showing a zero balance all within a matter of 2 to 3 minutes.  

I found it by accident a few months back.  I have always gotten statement credit on the day the payment was made, but (for me) I've only noticed the last several months that the available credit updates quickly... as in, usually by the time I'm finished paying other bills, I go back and check my credit card and the credit is available.

Yes USAA does rock. I only qualified for the Classic Platinum MasterCard. How often does USAA upgrade card? 

That's an excellent question... I've only had a card with them since last Fall, so I don't have any personal experience from that. 

When they approved me, the only major card I had was a Capital One QS1 with a CL of $1920... USAA approved me for a Visa at $7K.  Since then, all of my 'baddies' have dropped off but two, and I've added several other premium cards.  I know they've changed some things just in the time I've had a card with them (for the better), and later this month they're upgrading how folks with 'points' cards redeem rewards (including redeeming anytime, and for any amount).

As for upgrading, I don't know how they handle that.  I know (from reading the experience of others) that CLI requests are all HPs, so I've never requested one (Note:  you can now request CLIs on the Android App).  They might grant me one (?), but honestly I'll never come close to using the CL they have me at now, and it doesn't make sense to me to take a HP for something I won't use (I have good limits on other cards to help with utilization).  My USAA Visa and my Capital One Quicksilver Visa now have the same credit line ($7K), but only the Quicksilver is a "Signature" version, which is ironic since the Quicksilver actually started out with a lower CL ($5K).  I don't think USAA offers the "Signature" version of Visa (?), but I know they do advertise the 'World' version of the Mastercard. 

Their customer service is always really good (not to mention they are very nice) when I've dealt with them, so you might want to give them a call or send them a 'secured message' through the website.  When I've used the messaging through the website in the past, they were surprisingly prompt in getting back to me, and I've heard the same from family members as well.

Message 13 of 24
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

UncleB wrote:

Saleen099 wrote:

UncleB wrote:

Saleen099 wrote:

UncleB wrote:

Saleen099 wrote:

That's an excellent question... I've only had a card with them since last Fall, so I don't have any personal experience from that. 

When they approved me, the only major card I had was a Capital One QS1 with a CL of $1920... USAA approved me for a Visa at $7K.  Since then, all of my 'baddies' have dropped off but two, and I've added several other premium cards.  I know they've changed some things just in the time I've had a card with them (for the better), and later this month they're upgrading how folks with 'points' cards redeem rewards (including redeeming anytime, and for any amount).

As for upgrading, I don't know how they handle that.  I know (from reading the experience of others) that CLI requests are all HPs, so I've never requested one (Note:  you can now request CLIs on the Android App).  They might grant me one (?), but honestly I'll never come close to using the CL they have me at now, and it doesn't make sense to me to take a HP for something I won't use (I have good limits on other cards to help with utilization).  My USAA Visa and my Capital One Quicksilver Visa now have the same credit line ($7K), but only the Quicksilver is a "Signature" version, which is ironic since the Quicksilver actually started out with a lower CL ($5K).  I don't think USAA offers the "Signature" version of Visa (?), but I know they do advertise the 'World' version of the Mastercard. 

Their customer service is always really good (not to mention they are very nice) when I've dealt with them, so you might want to give them a call or send them a 'secured message' through the website.  When I've used the messaging through the website in the past, they were surprisingly prompt in getting back to me, and I've heard the same from family members as well.

I  called in and spoke to CSR  The told me there was no Visa signature card and my account would be reviewed around 12 month or 18 month to see if I qualified for the upgrade and a credit line increase on the card.  

One other question what's  scoring  model does USAA use?  

image.jpg

Message 14 of 24
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

image.jpg

Message 15 of 24
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

I clicked the luv button for my USAA AmEx card and received a CLI from $5k to $14k!  Also just received their World MasterCard with a CL $13k!  I love USAA!

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Go Bmac with yo bad self!!!!

2.  USAA uses Vantage Score in their creditchecking app, as for which model they use to approve you, IDK, my apologies.  They did pull my EX report for my Classic Amex though.

Message 17 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Bmac66 wrote:

I clicked the luv button for my USAA AmEx card and received a CLI from $5k to $14k!  Also just received their World MasterCard with a CL $13k!  I love USAA!

That's awesome!

Do you know if it's still a HP?  When I checked my Experian this AM, there are numerous soft pulls from USAA on there (which is odd, since I was sure they used Equifax for my initial approval).  It would be wonderful if they would do a CLI based on a SP!

Either way, I absolutely love USAA... like I've said before, if it weren't for them, I would still be in sub-prime hell.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 24
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2.  USAA uses Vantage Score in their creditchecking app, as for which model they use to approve you, IDK, my apologies.  They did pull my EX report for my Classic Amex though.

TY!  USAA uses EQ FICO for all their credit decisions. 

Message 19 of 24
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Bmac66 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TY!  USAA uses EQ FICO for all their credit decisions. 

Where does EX come into play?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.