Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA PLATINUM VISA APPROVED

tag
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA PLATINUM VISA APPROVED

+1

I agree USAA has been great I have been with them the past 10 years and their customer service simply cant be beat for military members NFCU is good as well but USAA has proven time and time again that they take care the military active duty reserves national gaurd retirees and their family members.

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 11 of 14
Gray
Regular Contributor

My mother in law (who is not a full member, just general public) has a MC with 10% APR.

My father is a full member and I joined through him back in 1989, and had a MC since 1993. My APR is 6%.

Interesting how their credit card products shift around. They used to have a standard MC and Visa, then a gold option (back in the 90s), then platinum, then the Visa went into hiding (you had to request it), then there was World Mastercard (now it's gone into hiding), then there was the Rate Advantage MC (now it's in hiding), Platinum MC and Visa are now advertised, etc.  Weird.

Message 12 of 14
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

I just got the World MC and the Platinum Visa

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 13 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Gray wrote:

My mother in law (who is not a full member, just general public) has a MC with 10% APR.

My father is a full member and I joined through him back in 1989, and had a MC since 1993. My APR is 6%.

Interesting how their credit card products shift around. They used to have a standard MC and Visa, then a gold option (back in the 90s), then platinum, then the Visa went into hiding (you had to request it), then there was World Mastercard (now it's gone into hiding), then there was the Rate Advantage MC (now it's in hiding), Platinum MC and Visa are now advertised, etc.  Weird.

Not wierd, but it's interesting to see such a detailed analysis posted, thank you for that.

This is sort of normal for most lenders: if they find that their risk or financials are off in their credit products, they can either adjust the underwriting, or they can quietly (or loudly in some cases) shift their credit mix.  In this  case, people only know the world as it's presented to them, so if a lender has decided that something is awkward in their credit portfolio, they can simply adjust it over time with new arriving customers rather than change the existing ones (which is a surprisingly forward-thinking view).

People so rarely discuss anything credit-related in society, that there's virtually zero chance of it's being brought to light... except on this forum which is why I continue to read it Smiley Wink.

        
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.