Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA-Partial Members Only

tag
princechristian
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only

Already in progress! Thanks again!

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Message 11 of 34
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I am a partial member and I have a platinum mastercard with a $4000 CL.  My credit score was around 690 when I applied.  It is about 4 months old.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 12 of 34
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

What APR's did you guys receive?

Message 13 of 34
namvet
Established Contributor

@princechristian wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

@Mellon wrote:

For the partial members... have you been approved for any of their credit products, if so what card, credit score and CL? I already know they are more lenient with FULL members but I want to hear from the partial members and their credit experiences. Thanks!!

• Partial member.
  • Usaa reward Mastercard 
  • 675 Fico score.
  • $4000 start out limit
  • my highest limit is my lovely Crappy One $500. Now they had been place in sockdraw ** what in my wallet ***

Which bureau did they pull from? Thanks.

USAA pulled EQ for me (Texas). 

Message 14 of 34
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Mellon wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

What is a partial member? I am not a member at all and thought I would not be able to become one. My grandfathers and uncle both served in WWII and Vietnam, but no one immediately in my family. AFAIK my parents are not qualified to be members.

Any one can join USAA.. bu they have membership designations. Full members are those who serve or have eligibility for their insurance products. if not you are a partial member. A partial member have limited credit card options and may not get the rates and CL of full members

Actually bahbahd, your parents are eligable as are you with a grandfather who served.  You may have to walk through a bit of process to establish it, but you can absolutely get full membership.  USAA isn't as challenging to obtain membership in as NFCU.

AFAIK partial vs. full: the underwriting criteria is identical; however, USAA may (anecdotally of course) be more generous with limits with full members which is incredibly hard to determine as everyone's credit and financial profiles are different.  Also as a partial member, there are some products which you cannot qualify for (secured cards, not sure why on that one, also the Amex, perhaps a few others), but otherwise things are the same to my knowledge.

USAA pulls EQ all the time, every time.  Military service oriented organization, and the bulk of their clientele at least were on the East coast back in the day, so that regional affiliation applies to them.  Probably will change in the future I'd guess, but for now they've stayed consistently with EQ.

        
Message 15 of 34
madmann26
Valued Contributor

You cannot get thier secured card as a partial member. I emailed them about this 2 days ago and they responded with that I have to be a full member. FYI.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 16 of 34
mum4519
Contributor

So being I have never served, I can still become a partial member? Do you have to open some sort of account to be a partial member?

Also, I see they have a lot of CCs. What card would anyone recommend for me as a decent card? My FICO is right around 690.

Thanks all!

- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 17 of 34
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

To white collar: I get the maximum APR 25.9 % for purchase but PIF anyway so it dont matter.....also they offer %0 APR balance transfer and  convinence check........for 1 years.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 34
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Thanks - nicholasyud

Message 19 of 34
awal
Regular Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

You cannot get thier secured card as a partial member. I emailed them about this 2 days ago and they responded with that I have to be a full member. FYI.

This must be a new policy. I have a secured USAA card & I'm a partial member. The card is about 10 months old. I dont have any other account or affiliation with them.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.