Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only

My father served but did not use USAA products.  That is why I am a partial member.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Established Member
Hispanic208

I'm a partial member and only had access to apply for three credit cards when I log in. (USAA Platinum Mastercard, USAA Military Affiliate, and USAA Platinum Visa).

I was trying to apply for the USAA Rewards World Mastercard but it doesn't let me apply online. I've read a lot of conflicting posts on here and other sites regarding what partial members can apply for. A member told me that the USAA Military Affiliate card is similar to the USAA Rewards World Mastercard so I applied for that. I was instantly approved for $15,000 CL with 17.9% APR. I also got 0% APR until December 2013. They pulled Equifax and my score from myfico is 766.

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

Hispanic208 wrote:

I'm a partial member and only had access to apply for three credit cards when I log in. (USAA Platinum Mastercard, USAA Military Affiliate, and USAA Platinum Visa).

I was trying to apply for the USAA Rewards World Mastercard but it doesn't let me apply online. I've read a lot of conflicting posts on here and other sites regarding what partial members can apply for. A member told me that the USAA Military Affiliate card is similar to the USAA Rewards World Mastercard so I applied for that. I was instantly approved for $15,000 CL with 17.9% APR. I also got 0% APR until December 2013. They pulled Equifax and my score from myfico is 766.

read the fine print careful my friend....Its 0% apr for BT and convenience check but they do charge 3% for BT and C.Check which not too bad but its def not 0% purchase APR

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Established Contributor
distantarray

nicholasyud wrote:

Hispanic208 wrote:

read the fine print careful my friend....Its 0% apr for BT and convenience check but they do charge 3% for BT and C.Check which not too bad but its def not 0% purchase APR

basically a 3% loan on upto $15,000 is not too shabby on the convience check.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+