Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,967
Registered: ‎03-30-2012
0

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only

I tried as a partial member but was denied due to the two baddies I have.

 

They pulled EQ for me which is the cleanest...will try them again next year when the two baddies fall off.

Scores 5/13/2014: TU FICO: 639 | EQ FICO: 645| EX AMEX FICO: TBD

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1600 | Target: $700 | J.Crew $9950
Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎08-12-2011
0

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only


awal wrote:

madmann26 wrote:

You cannot get thier secured card as a partial member. I emailed them about this 2 days ago and they responded with that I have to be a full member. FYI.


This must be a new policy. I have a secured USAA card & I'm a partial member. The card is about 10 months old. I dont have any other account or affiliation with them.

 


 

 

You could be one of the few that slipped through. They have admitted that some ppl do/did get past their requirements. Your acceptance is not the norm.

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,903
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only

Partial members get access to 3 credit cards....: 

 

USAA1.png

 

Whereas a Full Members gets access to...:

USAA2.jpg

 

Full members also get access to things like their P&C products, and as a partial member, nothing will ever show up in your "My Offers" tab with the exception of the generic mutual fund things. 

;
Established Contributor
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only

[ Edited ]

I joined USAA as a partial member this past Spring, applied for their Mastercard in August and was instantly approved.

 

CL - $12,000

APR - 23.9% Smiley Surprised

Equifax pull, score = 730

 

I was surprised at the interest rate, but that's pretty typical for partial members.  No problem - I simply pay in full and use it to benefit utilization.  Also, as a partial member you are limited in the products/services you are eligible to receive.  I was interested in their auto loans a couple of months ago (currently advertised as 1.49%), but as a partial member I'm not eligible.  


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 462
Registered: ‎08-31-2007
0

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only


TNTransplant wrote:

I joined USAA as a partial member this past Spring, applied for their Mastercard in August and was instantly approved.

 

CL - $12,000

APR - 23.9% Smiley Surprised

Equifax pull, score = 730

 

I was surprised at the interest rate, but that's pretty typical for partial members.  No problem - I simply pay in full and use it to benefit utilization.  Also, as a partial member you are limited in the products/services you are eligible to receive.  I was interested in their auto loans a couple of months ago (currently advertised as 1.49%), but as a partial member I'm not eligible.  


wow.. that is a great CL..congrats

New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-07-2011
0

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only

[ Edited ]

Revelate wrote:

 


..snip..

 

Actually bahbahd, your parents are eligable as are you with a grandfather who served.  You may have to walk through a bit of process to establish it, but you can absolutely get full membership.  USAA isn't as challenging to obtain membership in as NFCU.

 

..snip..

 


 

This is news to me and is not consistent with the USAA website eligibility check.  According to the website, having a parent (or grandparent) who served doesn't qualify you for full membership - they must have actually used an insurance or loan product from USAA.  My father served, but at the time he served USAA was for officers only, and he was enlisted, so he never used any of there products.

 

Do you have information or evidence anecdotal or otherwise to substantiate your statement?  I'd be very interested to know.


Thanks

Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎08-12-2011
0

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only


dogmeat wrote:

Revelate wrote:

 


..snip..

 

Actually bahbahd, your parents are eligable as are you with a grandfather who served.  You may have to walk through a bit of process to establish it, but you can absolutely get full membership.  USAA isn't as challenging to obtain membership in as NFCU.

 

..snip..

 


 

This is news to me and is not consistent with the USAA website eligibility check.  According to the website, having a parent (or grandparent) who served doesn't qualify you for full membership - they must have actually used an insurance or loan product from USAA.  My father served, but at the time he served USAA was for officers only, and he was enlisted, so he never used any of there products.

 

Do you have information or evidence anecdotal or otherwise to substantiate your statement?  I'd be very interested to know.


Thanks


This aligns with what I have heard also, but I am not 100% sure of current policy.  

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 462
Registered: ‎08-31-2007
0

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only


bahbahd wrote:

dogmeat wrote:

Revelate wrote:

 


..snip..

 

Actually bahbahd, your parents are eligable as are you with a grandfather who served.  You may have to walk through a bit of process to establish it, but you can absolutely get full membership.  USAA isn't as challenging to obtain membership in as NFCU.

 

..snip..

 


 

This is news to me and is not consistent with the USAA website eligibility check.  According to the website, having a parent (or grandparent) who served doesn't qualify you for full membership - they must have actually used an insurance or loan product from USAA.  My father served, but at the time he served USAA was for officers only, and he was enlisted, so he never used any of there products.

 

Do you have information or evidence anecdotal or otherwise to substantiate your statement?  I'd be very interested to know.


Thanks


This aligns with what I have heard also, but I am not 100% sure of current policy.  


I agree.. if there is another confirmed way to full membership I would like to know..lol

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 560
Registered: ‎09-29-2012
0

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only

*Wonders why NFCU doesn't offer "partial" membership*

 

 

Guess cuz NFCU is a CU and USAA is (used to be) a Member Only bank.

 

Sucks :/

 

I want NFCU.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,738
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: USAA-Partial Members Only


ccnewcc wrote:

*Wonders why NFCU doesn't offer "partial" membership*

 

 

Guess cuz NFCU is a CU and USAA is (used to be) a Member Only bank.

 

Sucks :/

 

I want NFCU.


I would love to know if there would be some specific way that we could join ???? 


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.