Did you mean: 

USAA Platinum Rewards Visa Offer

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA Platinum Rewards Visa Offer

@jsucool76 wrote:
@Revelate

I did get an email from them like that but as a partial member I dont get anything under my offers :-(

This was under the standard featured offers, that used to list things for me like USAA CMS and the ubiquitous Car Buying Service and others.

I was a little surprised by this (actually somewhat shocked even) when I read the fine print that I'd just been completely ignoring.   Out of curiosity what sort of accounts do you have with them as a partial member?

PNP: Limits > APR usually, and even 15 and change isn't bad compared to many other credit cards; however, it's not a great card to be carrying a balance on admittedly.

        
Message 11 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Atm i just have checking. I opened in the hopes they'd eventually be like "thanks, have a $1,000,000 CL on this card, you're such a great customer!!!!!" xD
Message 12 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:
Atm i just have checking. I opened in the hopes they'd eventually be like "thanks, have a $1,000,000 CL on this card, you're such a great customer!!!!!" xD

Any idea if they're softing your reports?  In my case I have a secured CD loan through them which hit it's sixth payment, and recently re-established my auto insurance with them.  I suppose either could've triggered it though they're not allowed to pull my credit for insurance I don't think in CA.

Leaning towards taking it after I get my car refinanced, want the tradeline eventually anyway, it's a way better forex card than I have currently which may come in handy really soon, and it's probably better to take the inquiry now with the throetical mortgage next summer than in December when I was originally planning a quick spree.

Edit: I see it's in another part of their site now too.  I think this may have been triggered by something else rather than their email, especially if others aren't seeing the same.  Now even when I log out there's a little "click me to accept offer!" panel in the bottom right of my browser, and I'm near 100% confident that hasn't been there previously.

        
Message 13 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Edit: Whoops, hit "post" before I even typed anything

Def sounds like a pre-approval as opposed to a targeted offer /solicitation. When in doubt my motto is "call and ask!" I wish I was in your situation, I was mildly upset when I found out I couldn't get anything under "My Offers" on the website as a partial member D: 

Message 14 of 16
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I have savings and credit monitoring with them. My CSP is at 15% so I'd rather have the prestige of the CSP card versus a USAA card. 

Message 15 of 16
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

I'm happy someone brought this up. I too am a partial member and was thinking about apping for a USAA card because they offer really generous CL's. However, I'm concerned about the APR. I know they offer cards to full members with APR's as low as 5.9% but I think partial members APR's start as low 15.9% per the website. Can any half members confirm having APR's lower than 15.9% on your USAA CC accounts?

Thanks!

I am a partial member, and I have never seen anything under the My Offers tab.  However, I went ahead and applied for the USAA Platinum Mastercard last month and was instantly approved with a CL of $12,000.  I chose them because of their reported high initial CL, and it was true in my case - this was my first card with a 5-digit CL.  I was also tempted by their 15.9% interest offer, but did not get it - rate is 20% variable!  Smiley Surprised  They pulled EQ, and my score was a 727.  Not sure why I got the bad interest rate, but may have been due to overall utilization at just over 30%.

Oh well, I've got myself into the PIF mode now so the interest won't really be an issue.  On a positive note, this card will help immensely with my overall utilization, and will hopefully prompt my other creditors to increase current limits. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.