cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA - Preselected for MasterCard

tag
khb

USAA - Preselected for MasterCard

This was in my offers tab.  Rule of thumb....does that mean I have a good chance of getting the card?  I have found that USAA is a bit difficult to get approvals from. 

Any experiences or thoughts?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA - Preselected for MasterCard

They are not easy to give out CLI. Even with 800+ scores!

Edited: typo

Message 2 of 18
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Yes.  Every pre-appoval I have had from USAA was approved.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 3 of 18
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Both of my CC pre-approvals were approved. 

Also an auto loan

Message 4 of 18
drinkthekoolaid
Valued Member

Same here, usally are a go! 

AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 Commerce Bank Visa $8,000~
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Message 5 of 18
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@khb wrote:

This was in my offers tab.  Rule of thumb....does that mean I have a good chance of getting the card?  I have found that USAA is a bit difficult to get approvals from. 

I would say that if you are a full member, your chances would be pretty good. I started with 3k and asked for a CLI after a year and was approved for 6k. One month later, I received a pre-approval for a different Mastercard through USAA and was instantly approved for 14k on the new one. So, in 13 months, I went from 0 to 20k combined. When I say full member, I might be saying the wrong thing. I have insurance through them but not checking and or savings. Last month I was approved for up to 46k auto loan and 26k travel trailer. I took advantage of the auto loan at 1.9% but haven't used the RV approval. I can say only good things about USAA.

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 6 of 18
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Slab wrote:

@khb wrote:

I would say that if you are a full member, your chances would be pretty good. I started with 3k and asked for a CLI after a year and was approved for 6k. One month later, I received a pre-approval for a different Mastercard through USAA and was instantly approved for 14k on the new one. So, in 13 months, I went from 0 to 20k combined. When I say full member, I might be saying the wrong thing. I have insurance through them but not checking and or savings. Last month I was approved for up to 46k auto loan and 26k travel trailer. I took advantage of the auto loan at 1.9% but haven't used the RV approval. I can say only good things about USAA.

While I do hear that being a full member does help I am a partial member I just have their cc.

Does getting any of their insurance products make you a full member?  Also is there somewhere you can find it on their homepage?

Message 7 of 18
Slab
Frequent Contributor

I would call them, they have very nice people working the phones.

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 8 of 18
azguy13
Senior Contributor

My previous USAA cards have been pre-approved while getting an auto loan. 

Message 9 of 18
toppers555
Established Contributor

I am a partial member .Recently got a World mastercard with them apporve instant for 10k. I believe it was a targeted offer.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.