Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA - Preselected for MasterCard

tag
wreith
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA - Preselected for MasterCard

With USAA you can request a CLI every six months, it will be an HP.  I have had my two cards for a year now and have gone from a $4K start on both to $10K on one and $11K on the other.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 11 of 18
user5387
Valued Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

I am a partial member .Recently got a World mastercard with them apporve instant for 10k. I believe it was a targeted offer.

USAA is a hard one to figure out.

I'm a partial member as well (3+ years), and have only their Platinum MasterCard, with a high APR.  I would like to get one of their regular rewards cards, but this may never happen.

However, I recently got an email from them saying that I can now use their mobile deposit service.  The web page says that this service is limited to people who are insurance eligible, which I'm not.

So either this was a mistake, or I have passed some internal milestone in my relationship with them.

Message 12 of 18
khb

Well, I went ahead and accepted the offer and was approved for $12,500.  Highest credit limit (for just myself applying) yet.

I believe I am a full member, even though I'm not or have not been in the service.  My father was an officer in the Navy.  That member status part is still a bit confusing to me, but we have our home owner's insurance, car insurance, banking, personal loans, collage savings and credit cards through them.

I feel a sense of accomplishment, been waiting for that offer in my offers tab for quite some time.  I feel like I have "arrived!"

Message 13 of 18
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Congratulations khb! I've been a limited member for a few months and I'm loving USAA.

How long have you been a member? I know it's too early for me to get an offer but I'm just wondering how long it took for you…
Message 14 of 18
khb

I've been a member for over 25 years...but, I just had my last "bad" mark drop off this last month.  My report is fully clean except for some inquires and approvals but everything is now showing up paid on time or paid in full.

Message 15 of 18
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Thanks for that update. Smiley Happy

Hoping I don't have to wait 25 years for an offer.....Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 18
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! USAA only gives out offers when they are serious about you being approved.

Just FYI, according to a CSR I spoke to back in April of this year, full members are the only ones eligible for insurance products with USAA. If you are not eligible for their insurance products then you are not a full member. So, the test would be to ask if you are eligible for insurance products with them.

Now, if this policy has changed since then, I am not aware.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 17 of 18
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@sweettea wrote:

Congrats! USAA only gives out offers when they are serious about you being approved.

Just FYI, according to a CSR I spoke to back in April of this year, full members are the only ones eligible for insurance products with USAA. If you are not eligible for their insurance products then you are not a full member. So, the test would be to ask if you are eligible for insurance products with them.

Now, if this policy has changed since then, I am not aware.

This is my understanding as well. Auto Loans may also be only for full members. My limited membership doesn't appear to qualify me for auto loans when I click on that tab.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.