Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Question?????

tag
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

USAA Question?????

On USAA Page after you have logged in it has a section that say MY OFFER is this what they are offering you as a pre-approve or what ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gtjohn
Valued Member

Re: USAA Question?????

I would just give them a call very nice peeps.
Message 2 of 7
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

Thanks will do
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Click on "My Offers." If it just has generic stuff, then you don't have any special offers.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't exactly say pre-aproved but more like the so called soft "pre-aproved" credit card offers in the mail. I think they match you against offers that you are likely to be accepted for but they do a Hard Inq when you actually apply.

I got a good offer for their "blank check" car loan. When I bought my card I "accepted" the offer they hit me with hard inq gave me the rate & max loan. I hit accept again and had blank check in like 2-3 days. Worked very well and was much lower rate than dealer or Bank of America offered me.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are pseudo-generic messages.

I call them "pseudo" because they only list services that you are not currently signed up for with USAA - and has nothing to do with whether you qualify.

Message Edited by meauho on 04-22-2008 02:13 PM
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Periodically I have offers show up. There is generally a banner for a while, and then it disappears, but the offers lasts for about 6 weeks. My current batch includes (another) HELOC, a car loan, and a personal loan. I picked up my HELOC from a previous one of these.

DD#1 of the annoyingly high scores has offers for the same, despite the fact that she sleeps on a cot in a Slidell, LA church office doing Katrina work. (Yes, it's still bad, and yes, they still need help.) So I don't know how far the HELOC would get her, lol. DD#2 has only a year and a half of credit history and scores at not quite 700, and she has no offers at all.

There will be a hard if you take them up on this, but it would never have occurred to me to ask them for a HELOC, so I thought it was a pretty nice thing to have pop up on my laptop. I think that there is some basic pre-qual involved, resulting from a soft.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.