Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

USAA Questions

My father was in the Marines and has passed away in 2004. To my knowledge, he was never a member of this bank.  Today, I put in my infomration to join, as well as my father's information since he was the one in the military.  First, I got a message that he could not be found and that I could not join.  Then it gave me a list of possible family members (like grandparent, another parent, siblings, etc) with yes or no spaces after to see if I could join through them.  The answers to those were all no.  Then I hit continue and it said I eligible to become  a member.  I transferred $500 to a savings acount immediately and I signed up for their credit monitoring services too.  While I was at it, I apped for a CC too, but was told it was under processing.  I think I will call tomorrow to check on it.  I am just hoping I am not kicked out of it all because they could not verify my eligibility.

Any one else go through this?

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Re: USAA Questions

kimmiller112 wrote:

My father was in the Marines and has passed away in 2004. To my knowledge, he was never a member of this bank.  Today, I put in my infomration to join, as well as my father's information since he was the one in the military.  First, I got a message that he could not be found and that I could not join.  Then it gave me a list of possible family members (like grandparent, another parent, siblings, etc) with yes or no spaces after to see if I could join through them.  The answers to those were all no.  Then I hit continue and it said I eligible to become  a member.  I transferred $500 to a savings acount immediately and I signed up for their credit monitoring services too.  While I was at it, I apped for a CC too, but was told it was under processing.  I think I will call tomorrow to check on it.  I am just hoping I am not kicked out of it all because they could not verify my eligibility.

Any one else go through this?

They told me that I wasn't eligible to join as a full member because, even though I had family in the military, they had not been USAA members. In order to qualify for full m'ship, you have to have a relative who is (or was) a member or be military yourself. You can join as a partial/limited member w/o military affiliation. The likelihood is that you joined as a partial member. Otherwise, maybe you got through some loophole.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}