Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Questions

tag
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

USAA Questions

My father was in the Marines and has passed away in 2004. To my knowledge, he was never a member of this bank.  Today, I put in my infomration to join, as well as my father's information since he was the one in the military.  First, I got a message that he could not be found and that I could not join.  Then it gave me a list of possible family members (like grandparent, another parent, siblings, etc) with yes or no spaces after to see if I could join through them.  The answers to those were all no.  Then I hit continue and it said I eligible to become  a member.  I transferred $500 to a savings acount immediately and I signed up for their credit monitoring services too.  While I was at it, I apped for a CC too, but was told it was under processing.  I think I will call tomorrow to check on it.  I am just hoping I am not kicked out of it all because they could not verify my eligibility.

Any one else go through this?

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA Questions

@kimmiller112 wrote:

My father was in the Marines and has passed away in 2004. To my knowledge, he was never a member of this bank.  Today, I put in my infomration to join, as well as my father's information since he was the one in the military.  First, I got a message that he could not be found and that I could not join.  Then it gave me a list of possible family members (like grandparent, another parent, siblings, etc) with yes or no spaces after to see if I could join through them.  The answers to those were all no.  Then I hit continue and it said I eligible to become  a member.  I transferred $500 to a savings acount immediately and I signed up for their credit monitoring services too.  While I was at it, I apped for a CC too, but was told it was under processing.  I think I will call tomorrow to check on it.  I am just hoping I am not kicked out of it all because they could not verify my eligibility.

Any one else go through this?

They told me that I wasn't eligible to join as a full member because, even though I had family in the military, they had not been USAA members. In order to qualify for full m'ship, you have to have a relative who is (or was) a member or be military yourself. You can join as a partial/limited member w/o military affiliation. The likelihood is that you joined as a partial member. Otherwise, maybe you got through some loophole.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.