cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Rate Advantage Mastercard -- new product ?

tag
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

Re: USAA Rate Advantage Mastercard -- new product ?

@Ron1 wrote:

I didn't see any difference from other MC except low rates and no rewards. It must be tough to get approved. [...]

That's a good point. Because the lowest APR for this is lower than the lowest APR for the USAA Amex and USAA (Platinum/World) Mastercard, I wonder if the approval criteria for this Rate Advantage card are higher than that for the other USAA credit cards.

Message 11 of 12
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA Rate Advantage Mastercard -- new product ?

I just applied for both, got them and for me anyway, there is exactly 1% difference in apr between them, (the cost of their rewards program more or less.)

My scores and Utilization got me the World MC at 13.9 (with a 0% Bal Transfer option) and the Rate Advantage at 12.9, the latter being my lowest, which is nice.  Identical 5 figure lines for both cards.

I'm sure the 6.9% rate is a teaser rate for a select few, but I will see if it can get the aprs lowered over time.

Great company, I have yet to find anything wrong with USAA during the past year.  Saved $1100 on all my insurance, checking with a universal no-fee ATM card and now 2 nice cards.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.