cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Recon? Please Advise. Am I Being Greedy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Recon? Please Advise. Am I Being Greedy?

LOL. My foolish days are behind me 😜

I totally agree that I've not proven myself and I know that will take time.

My problem for so long was lack of any credit al all, and a few small medical collections. I should have stopped avoiding the credit world and just tackled this sooner.
Message 11 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, USAA isn't known to be recon friendly.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all. Just saw this thread, I've been more of a lurker the past 12 months (Gardening finally!!!), but just so you know recons on USAA SL CAN BE DONE -- happened to me last February. For some reason though, you need to app VIA PHONE - upon approval, the rep can call UW who can manually up your CL if you request and your profile supports it. I went from $2k approval to $7k, boom, in 20 mins.

I highly suggest apping via phone -- once you app online it can not be done. You may want to app for a 2nd card (I did this an was fine) on the phone today and see what you get -- if approved for another $1k, ask them to request the CL higher for whatever purpose you need (BT is a great one), if the rep is pushy ask for a supervisor to do it. It can be done!!!! GOOD LUCK

Message 13 of 14
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info Joey that's very good to know
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.