Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA - Regulatory guidance-occupation information requested

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

USAA - Regulatory guidance-occupation information requested

Here's a new one while logging into my USAA account:  "To comply with regulatory guidance and to aid in the prevention of money laundering, we are requesting your occupation information."

The only 'google' info I found was this...https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152953

Anybody ever see that?  More AA?  Smiley Happy  I just gave them a payment to get me under 30%.  It's 1 of 5 accts showing a balance (total revolvers 18).  The more I try to fix my 3 months of increase CC usage, the more crap comes my way...unless this is just random, and not directed at me per se.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA - Regulatory guidance-occupation information requested

I got the same thing.  I clicked 'remind me later' 

Nothing to do with you specifically.  I'm sure it's CYA thing.

Message 2 of 8
racer-x
Valued Contributor

irish - In the 'remind me later' button, it also showed (3), as in maybe you can only be reminded (3) times before they call you or tell you that the info is mandatory?

I exited too, because of course I wanted to do some research on it.  There's no info out there other than the one link I found.

I'm just a lowly commercial construction/ highway worker. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@racer-x wrote:

irish - In the 'remind me later' button, it also showed (3), as in maybe you can only be reminded (3) times before they call you or tell you that the info is mandatory?

Maybe, I  wasn't paying that much attention.  Either way I don't think it's any big deal but some regulatory compliance bs.

Message 4 of 8
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Interesting. I haven't seen that yet during log in. Is it just asking for line of work? Or is it wanting full details?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

Interesting. I haven't seen that yet during log in. Is it just asking for line of work? Or is it wanting full details?

This is what it looks like:

image.jpg

Message 6 of 8
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Hmmm. I'm not getting that message.

Perhaps USAA is looking the other way when it comes to my laundering....

Message 7 of 8
Lyythine
Established Contributor

I get the same thing every once in awhile. I just exit out of it - wouldnt worry too much!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.