Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Rocks (n big thx to this forum)

tag
Grape
Regular Contributor

USAA Rocks (n big thx to this forum)

I could never have done this without this forum's advice!! Apped about 7 months ago for USAA cc (full member with multiple insurance products) and got a 3k limit. Was stoked and treated it basically like a charge card, running about $2k through it every month. Called recently and asked if I was eligible for CLI...and yes I was....a $17,000 CLI bringing me to $20k. My highest cl before this had been $4k. Thanks soooo much to all the USAA gurus on here, no way I could have gone from not having my own cc 4 years ago to now having one with this kind of limit - I will treat this card, and USAA, VERY well. EQ Fico @ CLI was 698. Thanks to everyone for all the advice I have received here over the years. It has proven invaluable. And for those just starting, stick with it, read a lot, be persistent and remind yourself time is on your side.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA Rocks (n big thx to this forum)

Smiley Surprised   A $17k CLI isn't too shabby. Congrats.

Message 2 of 8
Marv94
Established Member

For lack of a better word---AWESOME!!!!!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grape wrote:
@I could never have done this without this forum's advice!! Apped about 7 months ago for USAA cc (full member with multiple insurance products) and got a 3k limit. Was stoked and treated it basically like a charge card, running about $2k through it every month. Called recently and asked if I was eligible for CLI...and yes I was....a $17,000 CLI bringing me to $20k. My highest cl before this had been $4k. Thanks soooo much to all the USAA gurus on here, no way I could have gone from not having my own cc 4 years ago to now having one with this kind of limit - I will treat this card, and USAA, VERY well. EQ Fico @ CLI was 698. Thanks to everyone for all the advice I have received here over the years. It has proven invaluable. And for those just starting, stick with it, read a lot, be persistent and remind yourself time is on your side.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Or, in other words ... Totally F'ing Fantastic!!

Congratulations!!

USAA is a class act.  Treat them right and they're your best friend.

Message 4 of 8
theo78
New Contributor

Grape, do you have any baddies on your EQ report???

Message 5 of 8
Grape
Regular Contributor

I have one CO that is now about 6.5 years old.
Message 6 of 8
konabill
Regular Contributor

Smiley Surprised   WOW thats a CLI !!   Congrats.   

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

While USAA is undoubtedly more generous than other lenders, this is a great example of why it often makes sense to not fuss about your initial CL and work the card to death with perfect, prompt payment history. Let the lender give you a good long thoughtful sniff and decide how good a customer you'll be.

Lenders want to see history, and OP gave it to them in spades! Smiley Very Happy congrats

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.