Frequent Contributor
Adalen

Re: USAA SECURED AMERICAN EXPRESS

Nope, no pre-approvals.  I had just app'd for my NFCU line and decided to go the extra mile. ;D

2011: EQ 580~
2012: EQ 620~
2013: EQ 641, TU98 645, TU04 635, TU08 635, EX 648 (lender)
Closed on first home 4/25/13.
vsolari

Re: USAA SECURED AMERICAN EXPRESS

[ Edited ]

When I was approved for the USAA Platinum for 3k,  I also had the American express secured offer up to 5k, so I decided to give them a call and asked them about it on why would I need a secured card if I already had an unsecured one with them. So they asked me if I wanted to apply for the american express unsecured card and I said only if it was going to be a soft pull and not a hard pull. They toll me a soft pull, 2 days later I saw a hard pull on EQUIFAX from USAA and I was not too happy about it, but then when I check on my accounts it showed a n american express card with a 4k credit line then I was very happy and so I didnt mind the hard pull after all.

MY SCORE WHEN i WAS APPROVED: EQUIFAX= 663

So my advice is, if they are going to do a hard pull on the secured one, I would try the unsecured one first.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}