Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA SECURED rejection

tag
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

USAA SECURED rejection

I just called to get a secured CC with USAA and I am not eligible b/c I am not a full member. They said I could get a regular CC but not a secured CC. That makes no sense to me what so ever!!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA SECURED rejection

@whodatnation2 wrote:

I just called to get a secured CC with USAA and I am not eligible b/c I am not a full member. They said I could get a regular CC but not a secured CC. That makes no sense to me what so ever!!!!!

Yeah, there are very limited "benefits" for limited members. Their CCs for partial members don't have any rewards, either. An USAA MC was on my wish list (and I apped and was denied last summer). But they're not on my wish list any longer. I was also upset when I was informed that if I had been a full member, they could have countered my app with a different CC. But since I'm a limited member, I wasn't eligible for it. I think they're great for military members. But for the rest of us, not so great (IMO). Smiley Frustrated

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 4
UPSGregg
Established Member

What is a limited member? I've been a member since I was 16 (now 35) and have never heard of it

Starting Score: EQ 779
Current Score: EQ 779
Goal Score: EQ 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@UPSGregg wrote:
What is a limited member? I've been a member since I was 16 (now 35) and have never heard of it

USAA has two types of members: full/military members and limited/non-miliatry members. If you've never heard of it, you're probably a full/military member. Even if you're not military, you can get grandfathered in by a family member who was a member of USAA.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.