Did you mean: 

USAA Score Monitoring??

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

USAA Score Monitoring??

I know that these are FAKOS........

Do they have any merit at all???

I know that they dont mean much in the FICO realm but at least it makes me feel like I  am doing a good job of rebuilding...Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA Score Monitoring??

Well, considering some things that would make your USAA FAKO (PLUS) score go up, would actually make your FICO go down (and vice-versa), they really have no bearing on FICO reality. It is nice to see an upward trend, over time, but short term gains/losses really don't mean much.

The scores use a totally different formula with completely different criteria. I wouldn't count on them for anything.

It used to be a good source to refresh your report daily, but that's about to get more expensive.

Just my $0.02

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 2 of 10
cd2004
Regular Contributor

@apandabear wrote:

Well, considering some things that would make your USAA FAKO (PLUS) score go up, would actually make your FICO go down (and vice-versa), they really have no bearing on FICO reality. It is nice to see an upward trend, over time, but short term gains/losses really don't mean much.

The scores use a totally different formula with completely different criteria. I wouldn't count on them for anything.

It used to be a good source to refresh your report daily, but that's about to get more expensive.

Just my $0.02

Yes I totally agree. My recent example, I got a furniture store account that I maxed out and USAA EQ fako dropped 25pts but my EQ myfico only dropped 7pts. That was the only change that posted to both accounts this week.

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fako is at 630 with them..hope it's halfway close to where it's supposed to be. Credit sesame is at 628.
Message 4 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

Now that USAA no longer has the 3 report daily pull what is a good alternative?

Message 5 of 10
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Now that USAA no longer has the 3 report daily pull what is a good alternative?

Directly through experian

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 10
TheConductor
Established Contributor

AFAIK the best you can do now is EliminateIDTheft (pull all 3, unlimited),  CreditCheckTotal (pull all 3 up to 3 times per month) or AmEx CreditSecure (pull all 3 up to 2 times per month, or get daily pulls for $10 extra).

You can always get them separately from the individual agencies' respective branded services if you want to spend a lot and deal with 3 different websites.  Smiley Happy

For me, the AmEx CreditSecure is sufficient.

Here's a link to the master sticky on CMS providers: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/66254...

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 7 of 10
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

For an extra $10.00 per month, you can keep unlimited daily pulls with USAA. Many have reported 50% discount on the $12.25 price plus $9.99 for unlimited pulls by calling and asking for it.
Message 8 of 10
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

yep..so what deal you can get from them...they must have lost some business because when i called 3 weeks ago and asked what they can do...I already had the 50% off from $12.25 which was $6.12 a month and then they told me they can add $9.95 on top of that which was not bad, but I told them I will look elsewhere and call back.

Called back yesterday morning and just acted stupid like "Umm...I cant pull my fico today..what happened"..must got a decent rep because she offered me half off the 50% ulimited until May of next year. WIth the 50% off and $6.12 a month she said this will make my monthly total around $11+ change...not sure exactly...so I kept them for now. Wish my GF wouldn't cancel her as she might have got the same deal..however I think I'm just going to tell her to get AMEX product..she is not rebuilding like I am so no need for frequent checks. Actually to think of it...I'm no longer rebuilding either just like to pull it and its a habit from my rebuilding days...frankly the report has been looking the same for last 90 days now that everything is gone and only thing it does is updates payments on current cards....def will cancel in may and then switch to once a month report somewhere else.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 9 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@shinedown87 wrote:
For an extra $10.00 per month, you can keep unlimited daily pulls with USAA. Many have reported 50% discount on the $12.25 price plus $9.99 for unlimited pulls by calling and asking for it.

Thanks I was able to get the discounted rate for 6 months, its cheaper than what I was paying before too

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.