Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Secured Card Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Secured Card Question

Does anyone know if and when I will get a "love button", especially with it being secured?  Have had the account for 3 months.  Also, if I were to request a CLI, would that be a hard or soft inquiry?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Secured Card Question

I dont believe you can add to a USAA secured card to increase CL. You can add to the CD account that secures it, but it will not add to your CL.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 5
DVH1980
Contributor

Just got mine today, just out of curiosity, what  is a "love button"?

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A luv button is the "Request Credit Limit Increase" that usually appears on the online portion of your account management. A lot of cards have these and there is usually a recommended time frame for hitting it and being successful. 

USAA no longer has the button and you have to call in to get an increase. The reps and most people on the net will tell you that its every six months for USAA.

So, I would run everything you buy through that card and pay it in full every month or twice a month if you need to and give them a call at the six month anniversary.

However, rumor has it that the secured doesn't get CLIs. My advice would be, as above, to use it for EVERYTHING, PIF and ask for an unsecured when the CD matures.    

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.