Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Secured Credit Card

tag
criggs
Established Member

Re: USAA Secured Credit Card

According to this link, other individuals qualify for Credit Cards...

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=why_choose_usaa_eligibility_main&wa_ref=wcu_main_is_usaa_for_you

Message 11 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

qualify for the mastercard only though as far as i can see
Message 12 of 18
newstart2010
Blogger

@Creditaddict wrote:

but it's only for full members right?

Why is it that people that work at the bleeping bank not even know about there products that I talk to 

LOL  it is funny how people are getting a lot of conflicting info on this, but to be fair I thinkthe program is being handled by a different branch of the credit card division so there is not much info floating around.  Msot of the time when you call the CSRs have never even heard of it and tell you there is no such thing.  Eventually we will all have our apps in hand and have more concrete information.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 13 of 18
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

Good morning, everyone, I think we are getting the secured credit card confused with the non-secured credit card..  Bamagirl1, did you apply for the secure or non-secure card.  I spoke with USAA representative Melanie, and per my conversation with her, the credit card dept do not handle the secure credit card because it is a pilot program. However, the manager that is over the secured credit card reviewed my informaion...(NO CREDIT CHECK-I pulled my fico credit report this morning to verify) and forward me an application which I received yesterday.  It is 3 pages, I have to complete and send a check, money order, etc to be place in a CD for 2 yr (per the paperwork) and in 1 yr, they will review my account to possibly unsecure my card. 
Message 14 of 18
newstart2010
Blogger

You got your app already??  I am still waiting!!  How long has it taken you to get the application?
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 15 of 18
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

You got your app already??  I am still waiting!!  How long has it taken you to get the application?

Starting Score: *FAKOs* Hers: 1/10 TU-579 EX-572 EQ-549, His: 1/10 TU-576 EX-565 EQ-563
Current Score: *FAKOs* Hers: 1/30 TU-584 EX-572 EQ-555, His: 1/10 TU-551 EX-565 EQ-575
Goal Score: 650+

Our Credit Rebuilding Blog **Financing is a privilege, not a right. I'm working to earn that privilege back!**

Yes, i applied approximately 3 weeks ago, i called since i did not receive my application in 7 - 10 business days per the representative.  I spoke with the credit card department who in turn transferred me to the supervisor over the secured credit card pilot program and she approved my app and sent it via mail.  It took about 3 days to reach me in GA.
Message 16 of 18
SteffieVA

I CALLED USAA ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO REQUESTING A SECURED CC APP. I FINALLY RECEIVED IT AND COMPLETED AND FAXED. EASY APP AND I REQUESTED 1500. AS YOU ARE AWARE ITS A CD AND I REQUESTED THAT THE MONEY BE DEDUCTED FROM MY USAA CHECKING ACCT. SO I FAXED IT TODAY FRIDAY AND WILL KEEP AN EYE ON MY ACCT TO SEE WHEN THE FUNDS ARE DEDUCTED AND HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GET THE CARD. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED. I DONT THINK THEY DO A CREDIT CHECK BUT THE APP ASKED FOR MONTHLY GROSS INCOME AND HOUSING STATUS AND COST.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a hard pull for this card, but I didn't have any other products with them at the time and I'm a partial member.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.