Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

I agree with rootypooty.  I wouldn't stop until I had the answer.  The same way if you were sent a traffic ticket in the mail, you wouldn't just pay it without knowing what it is that you allegedly did.  Someone has the answer for you and if you go high enough up the chain asking, you'll learn what the "infraction" was.

Not applicable

Haha traffic ticket! 

Well I thought it was funny!

Message 22 of 54
Gray
Regular Contributor

Something turned up. Probably the applications for credit. I've had a credit card with them since 93 and banked with them since 97. Never had a problem.
Message 23 of 54
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

Im a full member with USAA and have never had an experience like that. As everyone has stated I would keep calling to find out what the issue is. Congrats and the NFCU cards.

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 24 of 54
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I have been a full member with USAA since 1983. Had checking with them since their bank opened and have carried their Master Card (now World) since they offered it back in (I think) 1992.

Never an issue at all and their service has always been top notch to say the least.

OP - you really need to call them to find out why they took this action against you.

USAA rocks - plain and simple!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 25 of 54
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

That is kinda weird I have been banking with USAA for a few years now and my parents have for a long time. My credit was SHOT when I joined them, I owed a couple of banks money and all and I have never had a problem with them

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 26 of 54
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Op where are you with an update?!

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 27 of 54
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I would have been on the phone until getting an answer that made sense. Could have been something like an error in ChecksSystems, similarly named person with BK, Fraud alert, etc...

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

When an account is closed, a reason is always provided, whether it is via telephone call or by letter. We would like to help clear up any confusion over what occurred in this instance. Edited.

Message 29 of 54
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Wow. How do you like that for customer service?!

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.