Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

tag
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

idk but i like NFCU better anyways the only perk to USAA is that u get online faster and there Website is a little better.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 11 of 54
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

exactly the cards were only open 1 day.

Have you asked to speak w/a supervisor? Or calling their executive office? Someone here had posted because they were approved for a CC, which was supposed to only be avail for full members, and they were a ltd member. But they were logged into their acct and apped and were approved. They contacted executive offices and I believe they got some results.

Not sure if it would help, but at the very least they owe you an explanation.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 54
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Wow.  I really think it is worthwhile to look into this further.  I haven't heard of USAA acting so aribtrary.  Just wondering if something is showing up in your file that you aren't aware of.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 54
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I would call them and ask them why... They will tell you.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 14 of 54
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

Im in the Air Force.

Ah ok. I wonder why they did that. They have been really good to me. Sorry 

They have been pretty good to me too. Apart from the measley $4k CL that I have but great customer service.

WElcome AF brother

Message 15 of 54
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I've read about them cancelling the accounts of people with BKs. Digging through the agreement and see what their restrictions are might give a clue.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 54
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

I closed all my accounts with USAA, and switched to NFCU! Something is going on at USAA. 

Message 17 of 54
journey258
Frequent Contributor

This doesn't sound good, I just call joined USAA Smiley Frustrated

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 18 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened to the OP, but something about this sounds strange. Ive banked with them for 3 yrs, not 1 issue. Same goes for my gf, her parents(over 30 yrs). NFCU offers good products, but their customer service has much to be desired as a whole.

Message 19 of 54
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

something is not right and you def cannot let this go. despite nfcu hooking you up you need to look into this further or are you not telling us the whole story. they softed you and they didnt see something they like. have you been on apps gone wild sprees lately? especially with you being active military (which thank you for your service) they dont just say hmmmmmmm lets just cancel jonny buck 06 account today and then tell you we did it cause we felt like it. someone somewhere has the answer for you and i wouldnt stop blowing up their phones until i had some closure why they did it

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.