Reply
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,084
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

USAA_Moderator please check your PM"s (Private Messages).

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal
Posts: 2,096
Registered: ‎07-29-2011
0

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

USAA is my favorite bank by far.  I have a NFCU card as well, and NFCU has a good phone support service, but the NFCU website pales in comparision to the usability and added features of the USAA site....  sorry to hear your cards got cancelled.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:709
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Established Contributor
jordanmedical
Posts: 1,011
Registered: ‎04-08-2012
0

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

USAA Customer Service has gone down in the recent years. They used to be so good, it's sad. I'm a member there and NFCU, good CS so far at NFCU so we shall see if I'm happier there. Still have my car insurance at USAA, policy is up for renewal next month. Wonder is NFCU has better policies? USAA keeps telling me that my policy increases because FL rates.
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Regular Contributor
DonGonzalo
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎05-18-2012
0

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!


jordanmedical wrote:
USAA Customer Service has gone down in the recent years. They used to be so good, it's sad. I'm a member there and NFCU, good CS so far at NFCU so we shall see if I'm happier there. Still have my car insurance at USAA, policy is up for renewal next month. Wonder is NFCU has better policies? USAA keeps telling me that my policy increases because FL rates.


I'm in FL too and they keep telling me the same thing. MY rate increase at every renewal by $20 or less.

Let's Go Heat!! Vamos Heat!
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal
Posts: 2,096
Registered: ‎07-29-2011
0

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

Its because the chances of your car getting toatled in a hurricane are significantly higher if you live right on the FL coast.  I am on TDY in FL for 6 months and I had to change my insurance policy due to changing my mailing address for all my accounts.... my rate did go up, which is surprising due to the fact that I used to be driving in DC-area traffic with bad out-of-control drivers everywhere and crashed cars on the side of the roads every other trip to work.... and now I am in an area with far less traffic and drivers that obey the speed limit, and paying more for insurance.  But I am sure there is a reason for it, probably the risk of bad weather.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:709
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Senior Contributor
drkaje
Posts: 3,492
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

Fl rates are likely high because it's legal to drive while using cell phones, LOL!

 

I've had nothing but great service from USAA. I hope OP gets an explanation/reason that helps. :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
DonGonzalo
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎05-18-2012
0

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

[ Edited ]

DaveSignal wrote:

Its because the chances of your car getting toatled in a hurricane are significantly higher if you live right on the FL coast.  I am on TDY in FL for 6 months and I had to change my insurance policy due to changing my mailing address for all my accounts.... my rate did go up, which is surprising due to the fact that I used to be driving in DC-area traffic with bad out-of-control drivers everywhere and crashed cars on the side of the roads every other trip to work.... and now I am in an area with far less traffic and drivers that obey the speed limit, and paying more for insurance.  But I am sure there is a reason for it, probably the risk of bad weather.



You must not be in South FL.  Hardly anyone obeys the speed limit and there's a lot of traffic.  The turnpike is a race track.  I do at least 80mph driving from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, and at times cars pass me.

Let's Go Heat!! Vamos Heat!
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal
Posts: 2,096
Registered: ‎07-29-2011
0

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!


DonGonzalo wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

Its because the chances of your car getting toatled in a hurricane are significantly higher if you live right on the FL coast.  I am on TDY in FL for 6 months and I had to change my insurance policy due to changing my mailing address for all my accounts.... my rate did go up, which is surprising due to the fact that I used to be driving in DC-area traffic with bad out-of-control drivers everywhere and crashed cars on the side of the roads every other trip to work.... and now I am in an area with far less traffic and drivers that obey the speed limit, and paying more for insurance.  But I am sure there is a reason for it, probably the risk of bad weather.



You must not be in South FL.  Hardly anyone obeys the speed limit and there's a lot of traffic.  The turnpike is a race track.  I do at least 80mph driving from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, and at times cars pass me.


I am in Pensacola, on the panhandle at the Gulf coast, at this time.   The traffic is not nearly as heavy as what I am used to.  That Miami traffic sounds like fun, but its an 11-hour drive for me to get that far.  Point is though that the insurance rate for Pensacola is ridiculous and I can only imagine that it must have reasons related to things other than traffic.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:709
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Regular Contributor
DonGonzalo
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎05-18-2012
0

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!


DaveSignal wrote:

DonGonzalo wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

Its because the chances of your car getting toatled in a hurricane are significantly higher if you live right on the FL coast.  I am on TDY in FL for 6 months and I had to change my insurance policy due to changing my mailing address for all my accounts.... my rate did go up, which is surprising due to the fact that I used to be driving in DC-area traffic with bad out-of-control drivers everywhere and crashed cars on the side of the roads every other trip to work.... and now I am in an area with far less traffic and drivers that obey the speed limit, and paying more for insurance.  But I am sure there is a reason for it, probably the risk of bad weather.



You must not be in South FL.  Hardly anyone obeys the speed limit and there's a lot of traffic.  The turnpike is a race track.  I do at least 80mph driving from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, and at times cars pass me.


I am in Pensacola, on the panhandle at the Gulf coast, at this time.   The traffic is not nearly as heavy as what I am used to.  That Miami traffic sounds like fun, but its an 11-hour drive for me to get that far.  Point is though that the insurance rate for Pensacola is ridiculous and I can only imagine that it must have reasons related to things other than traffic.


South FL is nothing like the Panhandle  and Central FL or other southern states.  Another reason insurance rate is high in FL is due to fraud.

Let's Go Heat!! Vamos Heat!
Regular Contributor
psychoinhell
Posts: 565
Registered: ‎06-12-2010
0

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

FL insurance rates are also high...  well this maybe dated information, but I can tell you about 17 years ago...

 

A) Even you legally you are supposed to carry liability insurance, you only need proof of PIP (personal injury protection) to get tags.  Thus many people that get into accidents with their clunkers do not even have proper insurance.

 

B) FL has no state inspection, so you actually have some very unsafe pieces of junk on the roads.


C) FL is a heavily transient state.  Between the tourists visiting and staying lost.  You have people from all over thrown into the mix and it creates confusion on the roads.  You also have all the snow birds, which a large percentage are retirees who have slower reactions than younger drivers.

 

D) You also have a very heavily alcohol influenced culture in FL.  Between the topless bars, the tourist traps and night clubs, plus more liquor stores than I have seen in most states I have ever lived in.  So yes, you get quite a bit of drunk driving there. 

 

These are just a few of the things that I have noticed when I lived there.  I guess crime is also another potential problem, but I only had limited exposure to that.


Starting Score: 600ish in 2007
Highest Score to date: EQ 716 May 2012(lender pull)
Current Score: EQ 685 6-21-12 ; Walmart TU Fico 744 6-05-12
Goal Score: 801

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+