Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Update

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: USAA Update

I had a card number from one of my FNBO accounts stolen. FNBO closed the account and opened a new one. It shows two of the same cards on my CRs. One just shows closed because it was stolen. It made zero difference on my scores or future approvals. The positive AAoA will report for ten years. My feelings aren't hurt about that at all. Lol

The last time I saw a member take it your route. The financial institution dropped him like a bad habit. This wasn't USAA by the way. If he'd just let it be in his a case 1 HP. He'd still have that account today. He tried to get back in, but to no avail they didn't want or need his business.

Thanks goodness USAA hasn't taken the same route with you. IMHO this is a mole hill made into a mountain. This site makes people OCD over the silliest things.
Glad they unlocked the account for you. Navy fed doesn't offer nearly the financial perks USAA does..That's a fact..Not an opinion. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: I got my account unlocked this evening. I was going to wait 48 hours and then try but I figured what the heck. I call and it's no big deal. They unlock it like it's nothing. I guess I finally got the right CSR. The funny thing is she had a bunch of notes on my account ready to go so I'm wondering if they already had that I made a complaint with CFPB on file. CFPB emailed me and said they had already sent it. She had me change like everything on my account and towards the end I asked why I had to do all that and she said bc my acct was closed for fraud and she didn't want it to happen to me again. I said it wasn't fraud. Nobody hacked me or anything. Y'all just opened an account without my authorization. She started to want to argue with me but just ended up apologizing for there mistake which felt so good to hear. Does it solve my problem? No. Do I believe they believe they are wrong? Hell no! I'm going to let the CFPB process play out and see where that takes me but at least I'm back in. Something I did learn from her was that USAA doesn't flag credit bureaus or alert them in any way for fraud. It would be up to me to do that. I've heard people on here say that my credit report would be flagged but at least with usaa they don't do that. Its part of a checklist they sent me. Real good to hear that. I'll keep y'all updated when I hear back from the CFPB. 

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issues you were having with USAA.Smiley Happy 

Message 12 of 21
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

A line appeared out of nowhere and you are just considering closing out of your other accounts with them?  I would cease doing business with them on the spot if it were me.  what about a copy of the app or the ip address if it was web based, what do they say about that?  I am a member of usaa and they are not even in the same ballpark as nfcu or penfed hence the reason you don’t see one of their cards in my sig.  customer service must be a big deal with you based on your lineup, ever talk to the chase sapphire csr’s?  amazing, they are without peer imo.  It’s just a different version of wf which is why I am not with wf anymore; I will never do business or anything with someone that lies, cheats or steals

EDIT:  your original link is http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Usaa/m-p/4846415#M1413582 -- would have liked to know that this all happened off the same app, either your error or computer error, take your pick.  It played out that someone there frauded you which is not the case imo. 

Message 13 of 21
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I would not close out all my accts with them USAA is a great company and sometimes when we rely of computers mistakes get made . I definitely understand your frustration in this , but I'm glad you got someone who admitted to their mistake and apologized for it . As far as it hurting your credit I don't see that it would hurt your scores at all , it would not have any negative effect I would think .
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini sort of update: Y'all are going to laugh. Are you ready? Usaa has a pre selected offer for another Amex plus on my account. Too funny. I understand both sides of the close or don't close. After talking with my wife we agreed that we should give them another chance. We just have too much invested with them. That being said I am going to let the CFPB complaint stand. It's insane that an account could just be opened like that. I've said it before it feels very WF. I always thought it was crazy that I got 3 cards with $35k sl with one pull. Of course the legitimate Visa hasn't reported as of yet so that could change. If things play out ok I'd like to get a limitless with the. They do have good products but for those saying the service is excellent I will have to beg to differ. It use to be a 9/10 but I feel it's more 6/7 theses days. I will update when I hear from CFPB. Thanks for your comments.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: The office of the CEO called me today in response to the CFPB complaint I put in. They did there own investigation and long story short admitted they did create a duplicate account and the error was all them. They told me the steps they took to insure that it would not have a negative impact on my credit and basically did what I was looking for the other 6 or so reps to do when I called before. I was especially pleased that they were so willing to admit they made a mistake and not get all lawyery which made me even happier. It seemed like such an easy fix that didn't need to escalate that far and she agreed. She thought and I agree that maybe what tripped them up is that they can't explain why another account was open and she was getting with the tech department to figure that out in the future not so much for me but for the others it might happen too. I personally think it was human more than technical but am still more than satisfied with what was given to me. I know many will think I made a mountain out of a mole hill but to help explain...my son's college 529 is through usaa, his college future, and if you can't handle a credit card how can I trust my only child's future in your hands you know? Another thing I brought up was that I couldn't apply for the limitless card bc the site said I had reached the application limit. She couldn't apply for it but said she would find out why and have it taken care of. She even said she would let he underwriter know so that I could get it. Overall I'm happy with how the call went and while some trust has been lost, will continue my relationship with usaa.

Message 16 of 21
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Glad to hear you had experienced a positive outcome.  I have multiple USAA policies and my main checking account with them.  Until the Limitless card was available, I didn't think much of their credit cards, and the ones I had from earlier were SDed.  There are definitely a few minor gripes (i.e. purchase alerts aren't real time, only when a charge posts) but I have been generally happy.  What happened to you is a bit concerning but they did admit the issue and promised to fix it.

I can say for insurance, I haven't found anyone who can match the coverage level & service for the price.

Message 17 of 21
elim
Senior Contributor

Nice update!  11 years dealing with USAA I have never had a problem. Happy the mystery is solved, congrats.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish usaa let you combine policies as part of an online quote. I keep hearing how usaa can't be beat. While I agree there service especially with claims are fantastic, I don't remember the prices being low when I had a policy with them back when. I'm happy with my Costco insurance. They saved me a fortune going through them, BUT it was combining policies with home and auto. I'm going to have to give them a call soon when my auto is due. It would be nice to have everything in one place.

Message 19 of 21
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey TJT I am glad to see you are finally getting somewhere and that they fully admitted to their mistakes. I wanted to let you know that I have encountered that "application limit " thing when I tried to app for a cc a few mths ago , I was told by one of the reps that it was a security feature , and I could call amd speak to the security dept and have it overridden. Which I didn't end up doing bc it wasn't a big deal , I tried a month or two later and the apps went thru so I'm almost positive it resets at 3 mths
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.