Contributor

USAA World MC, denied....

I needed a MC to round out my wallet and after a disicssuion with myfico members last weeks I decided to go with USAA. Was shooting for my first 5k+ limit, was denied for the World but was offered the Platinum instead. I already took the hit and want to be done with apps for a while so I said what the hell and took it. After my Zynce and BCE approval last week Im good on cards until I go mortgage shopping in 2014. I did however get my local CU to bump my limit on their card from 3500 to 5000.

*USAA WORLD MC 12k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 6k* *DISCOVER IT 11.5k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Established Contributor

Re: USAA World MC, denied....

well at least you were able to secure some other really great cards. you were probably only denied for the World Mastercard because of lack of experience with 5K+ limits on other cards. what do your FICO's look like?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Contributor

Eh, I figure in the next few months i'll be able to CLI to 5k and build from there. Ive also read you can move limits between USAA lines of credit so if I really wanted to I suppose I could go that route, but its not that big of a deal.

My score at the time of applying would have been just shy of 700 I believe. I knew the World would be a long shot but I figured sine I have 10 other USAA products and have been a member since 98 that I might be able to squeek by.

*USAA WORLD MC 12k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 6k* *DISCOVER IT 11.5k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Established Contributor

oh ok, yep i bet you missed it by just an inch lol but i bet you could get that limit up in no time and Convert it to the WM. Congrats on your approvals though!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor

I was in the same boat 3 years ago. Applied for the World, approved for the Platinum with 3k. CLI 6 months later to 11k, and soon after, on the website I got an icon inviting me to upgrade to World. CLI 6 months after that to 14k. They do HP for CLIs now.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.