Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA World MC

tag
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

USAA World MC

Does anybody know why they would automatically switch me to this CC?  I have had my normal MC since Dec 07.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: USAA World MC

They asked me if I wanted it, and after making sure that it would report properly, I said Sure. I like the extra consumer protections on the World version (all the details of which I've already forgotten, lol.)

Maybe they're offering it to MC cardholders who've had the card for a while and have been responsible with it?

They did the same with my older daughter. I think we both got mailed offers, rather than online, which I thought was unusual. Does the APO system work as badly as it did back when I was a dependent? Is there a chance that six months from now, the letter might turn up?

eta: and as I think about it, the "offer" might actually have been more of a "we're changing your card to the World version unless you let us know that you don't want us to" or some such.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-09-2009 11:36 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They automatically converted mine a couple years ago, but my girlfriend only received hers last week. Not sure what criteria they are using.
Message 3 of 7
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

Havent gotten this offer yet, but it's cool. USAA froze my interest rate since I am deployed again. They had my orders almost before I did!

What a great company!

TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 4 of 7
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

@stpn2me wrote:

Havent gotten this offer yet, but it's cool. USAA froze my interest rate since I am deployed again. They had my orders almost before I did!

What a great company!

If you have a AAFES card, don't forget to have them stop charging you interest while you are deployed.

Stay safe!

Message 5 of 7
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
They asked me if I wanted it, and after making sure that it would report properly, I said Sure. I like the extra consumer protections on the World version (all the details of which I've already forgotten, lol.)

Maybe they're offering it to MC cardholders who've had the card for a while and have been responsible with it?

They did the same with my older daughter. I think we both got mailed offers, rather than online, which I thought was unusual. Does the APO system work as badly as it did back when I was a dependent? Is there a chance that six months from now, the letter might turn up?

eta: and as I think about it, the "offer" might actually have been more of a "we're changing your card to the World version unless you let us know that you don't want us to" or some such.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-09-2009 11:36 AM

Got paperwork saying they were changing the card but no reason why......didnt realize it was in a pile of unopened mail!

APO system is still hit or miss; when I was in the states last year I mailed back 5 boxes.  Got 4 of them within 2 weeks and it took almos 7 weeks for the 5th one to arrive.

Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

stpn2me wrote:

What a great company!

Hey, long time no see! Ummm... read? Good to hear from you again.

I'll echo rubaty --stay safe!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.