Frequent Contributor
rubaty

USAA World MC

Does anybody know why they would automatically switch me to this CC?  I have had my normal MC since Dec 07.

Current Score: EX 718 EQ 689 TU 757 23 Jun 13
Goal Score: 760 across the board by Jul 14

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: USAA World MC

[ Edited ]
They asked me if I wanted it, and after making sure that it would report properly, I said Sure. I like the extra consumer protections on the World version (all the details of which I've already forgotten, lol.)

Maybe they're offering it to MC cardholders who've had the card for a while and have been responsible with it?

They did the same with my older daughter. I think we both got mailed offers, rather than online, which I thought was unusual. Does the APO system work as badly as it did back when I was a dependent? Is there a chance that six months from now, the letter might turn up?

eta: and as I think about it, the "offer" might actually have been more of a "we're changing your card to the World version unless you let us know that you don't want us to" or some such.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-09-2009 11:36 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Reason58

They automatically converted mine a couple years ago, but my girlfriend only received hers last week. Not sure what criteria they are using.
Regular Contributor
stpn2me

Havent gotten this offer yet, but it's cool. USAA froze my interest rate since I am deployed again. They had my orders almost before I did!

What a great company!

TU - 625 EQ - 644 EX - 672 as of 5 June 13
Frequent Contributor
rubaty

stpn2me wrote:

Havent gotten this offer yet, but it's cool. USAA froze my interest rate since I am deployed again. They had my orders almost before I did!

What a great company!

If you have a AAFES card, don't forget to have them stop charging you interest while you are deployed.

Stay safe!

Frequent Contributor
rubaty

haulingthescoreup wrote:
They asked me if I wanted it, and after making sure that it would report properly, I said Sure. I like the extra consumer protections on the World version (all the details of which I've already forgotten, lol.)

Maybe they're offering it to MC cardholders who've had the card for a while and have been responsible with it?

They did the same with my older daughter. I think we both got mailed offers, rather than online, which I thought was unusual. Does the APO system work as badly as it did back when I was a dependent? Is there a chance that six months from now, the letter might turn up?

eta: and as I think about it, the "offer" might actually have been more of a "we're changing your card to the World version unless you let us know that you don't want us to" or some such.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-09-2009 11:36 AM

Got paperwork saying they were changing the card but no reason why......didnt realize it was in a pile of unopened mail!

APO system is still hit or miss; when I was in the states last year I mailed back 5 boxes.  Got 4 of them within 2 weeks and it took almos 7 weeks for the 5th one to arrive.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

stpn2me wrote:

What a great company!

Hey, long time no see! Ummm... read? Good to hear from you again.

I'll echo rubaty --stay safe!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+