Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA... You just made my day!

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

USAA... You just made my day!

so I have had my USAA card for a little over 2 years now.  I never once got an auto CLI in the 18 months I had it and they only gave me $500 CLI after requesting one.  This put me at a whopping $1000 CL.  I ended up requesting another CLI 6 months later and got ANOTHER whopping $500 CLI. ( This was back in February 2010 for a total of $1500 Credit Limit)

Well today I called in and asked if I could get my APR reduced from 15.9% to something lower.  The representative said she couldn't reduce my APR but put a note in it for someone else to review.  She did tell me she could change credit limits, so I (jokingly) asked her to bump up mine.  (Only 2 months have passed since last CLI so I doubt I would get it).  So I give her my $3100 monthly income and told of my $726 mortgage and she processed my request.  LO AND BEHOLD... I got approved for a $7500 CLI to put me at a new high limit of $9,000!!!

This by far is my highest credit limit now!  I am very pleased with the results!  The representative also stated I might see my APR come down as well once someone else reviews it.  USAA all the way!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
norteyd

Re: USAA... You just made my day!

Way to go!!!  I hope to make nice with USAA soon so that I can get approved with a nice CL like that.   They weren't too impressed with me two weeks ago, but I understand.  I'll build to all 700's and above and try again in about a year or two.

Congratulations!!

Starting Score: 452
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are...
Message 2 of 4
sonson
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! 

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Way to go for sure!!  That's one heck of an increase.

Congratulations, JagerBombs89! 

(Now you gotta do the happy dance...) Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.