Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA: allow more than one CC?

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

USAA: allow more than one CC?

hey my fellow USAA members, can we have more than one card? Is it even a good idea? I recently got approved for a rewards card (love!) with a great CL. Because of some unseen need for an AMEX in my wallet I now have, I want to apply for it through them. Butttt, I'm not sure if they allow two or if I just nurture this one for a few months and app around Christmas???

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Re: USAA: allow more than one CC?

Yes you are allowed more than one account..as I have 4 credit cards with them

Message 2 of 19
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

thank you!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 3 of 19
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

I have three cards with USAA:  visa, mastercard and amex.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 4 of 19
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

@suebee...how far apart did you app for your cards? do you think its ok to go ahead an app now even though I just recently got one (within the month)

thanks for the info!

Message 5 of 19
apandabear
Regular Contributor

I have 2 from USAA at the moment. One I got in March, the other in May. 

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 6 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

I have two CC with them

AMEX + Platinum Classic

Message 7 of 19
DVH1980
Contributor

I love USAA and use just about every one of their financial services. IF you need an AMex card, why not go through Amex? The USAA Amex is not a true Amex in the fact that its not issued by Centurion Bank.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 8 of 19
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

I got my mastercard the beginneing of Jan, my Amex at the end of Jan (pre-approved offer) and my visa in July of this year.  I see no reason why you can't get another card.  Good Luck.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 9 of 19
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

ok I think I am going to pull the trigger today! I will update with my "approved for an outrageous CL" when I get it.

Thanks you all very much!!! Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.