Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA approval wow kidding me!

tag
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

USAA approval wow kidding me!

ok after turning 18 this year i added my son to my walmart and target card as AU and he has a Bofa secure card for about 4 months now

current no lates oldest account 4.2 years walmart and target as AU AAOA 1.5 so today we decided to do app spree and this is the result

Citi Forward College student  for 2K

Discover More student 2.5K

USAA Cash Rewards Platinum Visa (offer tab) instant approval 15K wow 

USAA Cash Rewards Amex Express (offer tab) instant approval 5K

wow my son has higher limit than me Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
colorguard09

Re: USAA approval wow kidding me!

Oh wow that's awesome! Nice work!!

Message 2 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Wow.....

Very awesome!!! CONGRATS!!!

Make sure you explain to him to be responsible with such a high limit, it can be very easy to get into trouble with.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 23
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Wow.....

Very awesome!!! CONGRATS!!!

Make sure you explain to him to be responsible with such a high limit, it can be very easy to get into trouble with.

+1 - my daughter has been approved for cards with high limits, she is 19... We called the card companies and had them lower the CL so she would not get in trouble with them.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 23
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Since few college students have incomes that would require high limits , you might consider giving him the physical forward card and holding on to the others for him. Set up recurring charges for each to keep them active and give the rest to him when he graduates. Keeping the higher limits will help in the long run. Just a thought.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 5 of 23
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Wow, awesome. Congratulation. Having a parent who knows a good thing about credit sure helps a lot Smiley Very Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 6 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

Since few college students have incomes that would require high limits , you might consider giving him the physical forward card and holding on to the others for him. Set up recurring charges for each to keep them active and give the rest to him when he graduates. Keeping the higher limits will help in the long run. Just a thought.

I agree wit hthis.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 23
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Grats for you but I don't understand why any lender would give a kid a limit that high it is irresponsible from a lending perspective.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
Grats for you but I don't understand why any lender would give a kid a limit that high it is irresponsible from a lending perspective.

I agree, its almost setting them up for failure.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

As a college student myself, if I was given a 15k limit I'd be ecstatic....and then I would probably call up the company and ask for a CLD. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.