Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA bonus cash offer

Damn, I wanted some free money!

Message 11 of 13
Bman70
Established Contributor

Update: Not too impressed with USAA. I applied for the card and was approved in October 2015. Put the six purchases on the card within a month. Still no $200 bonus. Called several times, to general confusion. One woman said, "It already posted to your account," and I had to point out that was incorrect.

Then last week I was told that it was forwarded to the correct department, and March 8 would be the latest I would see the credit applied. And to call back if I didn't see it by then. Which I just did. The CSR apologized, and after a 25 minute hold said that these things will take a minimum of 20 days to be sorted out. And to expect the credit around April 1. He really sounded lost, like he didn't know who to ask about it. 

Wow, never had such a poorly managed sign up bonus on a credit card. Doesn't help that I have around $200 balance on the card, which is being charged interest and which the credit should have erased by now. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 12 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Bman70 wrote:

Update: Not too impressed with USAA. I applied for the card and was approved in October 2015. Put the six purchases on the card within a month. Still no $200 bonus. Called several times, to general confusion. One woman said, "It already posted to your account," and I had to point out that was incorrect.

Then last week I was told that it was forwarded to the correct department, and March 8 would be the latest I would see the credit applied. And to call back if I didn't see it by then. Which I just did. The CSR apologized, and after a 25 minute hold said that these things will take a minimum of 20 days to be sorted out. And to expect the credit around April 1. He really sounded lost, like he didn't know who to ask about it. 

Wow, never had such a poorly managed sign up bonus on a credit card. Doesn't help that I have around $200 balance on the card, which is being charged interest and which the credit should have erased by now. 

Wow... this is completely opposite from the level of service I've experienced with USAA.  Smiley Sad

Clearly something has gone wrong.  Rather than languish on hold for extended periods of time, I would ask for an escalation to a supervisor (and get a name and extension).  I suspect once you reach the right person, they will be able to quickly correct the problem. 

If you have problems getting an escalation via CSR, I would reach out to them on social media; that should quickly get you to the correct folks.

Thanks for the data point, and please keep us updated on your situation.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.